A Hilly Hike With Friends

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Barb
      FREE

Hi All!

I went for a wonderful hike a couple of days ago here in Ontario with some amazing friends! The fall colours are spectacular! It was an 8 kilometre hike, so it was a challenge for some, but they were determined to get to the top of the hill for a fantastic view!

It seems that a lot of us are isolated, me included. Like Kermit the Frog says, “It’s not easy being green.” So, what helped me understand, well… me, is getting together with a group of ladies who understand me! It’s been a revaluation! Most have fully transitioned.

Listening to their stories and understanding what services are available locally is gold! These girls are plugged-in. And, they’re bulldogs and pit-bulls in getting information and encouraging local representatives to address their needs.

TBT, it wasn’t easy finding them. I searched online, asked some close friends, but once I got my foot-in-the-door, I kicked it in and have now been embraced by my LGBTQA+ community. I can be more myself and, best of all, live myself! (Hmm, may not be exactly grammatically correct, but you get the idea .)

I wrote a poem about our adventures. Here’s a link:

https://medium.com/@barbwire_73501/heroic-adventures-2d094ff47f12

Next week I’m going to a new Brewery opening with my community and I’ve got my dress all sorted out!

Take care,

Barb 🙂

Barb
      FREE

I guess I just found some girls who live close to me through various local LGBTQ Facebook groups. So, I messaged them and eventually had coffee with one amazing girl who then got me connected to others. (Yeah, Facebook is good for something!). They also have sister-websites too with tons of information.

I had to be patient, though. Many FB groups have little to no action spanning days or even weeks from one post to the next! I eventually found an LGBTQ group that is very active and contacted them. They’re called The Rainbow Club and they like to have fun!

What also helps tremendously is offering your time (and coin) to local events and charities they support. Even just showing up to an event shows your support for the community and people do take notice! You don’t even have to dress up! At my first event I was kinda drabby, but had my long hair and wore some make up. And that was enough! Later on, I got dolled up for our events as did others.

And finally! “Liking” and commenting positively on others FB posts does wonders too!

Being with girls just like me and having a hoot is AWESOME!

BIG HUG BACK 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Barb.
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Barb.
      Dana Munson
      SILVER

Barb, I think it’s really fantastic that you have found a group of local, “similarly situated” friends to do stiff with.  I hope I can make that sort of thing happen in my life (or even with cis-women), but as you noted, it’ll take some work.

🙂 When I saw your reference to “Ontario,” I at first perked up and thought “Ontario, California,” which is not that far from me. Then I saw “fall colors” and “kilometers” . . . and realized you were referring to that other, more northerly Ontario. My own (limited) experiences in Canada don’t go any further east than Alberta, I’m afraid, but I’d sure like to see your neck of the woods some day!

Barb
      FREE

Oh to be in your California in January and February! It’s freezing up here then. Thank goodness I love skiing otherwise I’d be outta here. LOL!!

During the winter months we affectionately call California our 3rd largest province after Ontario and Quebec because of all the Canadians vacationing and working down your way. And Florida is our 4th largest province!

My hope is to get to your beautiful country to meet my friends I’ve made here and elsewhere! One day… 🙂

Dana Munson
      SILVER

Plenty of places to ski in California, Barb.  Usually. Until climate change finishes us off, anyways. 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?