A surprisingly good day in the south.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

First, I hope this is the right place to post this. I’m really interested in linguistics, skepticism, etc. & as a result, need more details than most people to understand what someone means when they type or say something, otherwise, I get pretty confused a lot of times on what people mean.

Today, I went out dressed up. I haven’t had the benefit of any HRT or anything of the sort, but I woke up this morning feeling pretty bad (for several reasons, but partly because I suffer from rather severe mental illness (some of which is genetic, prenatal, & just having to live the life that all of us do. While I know all of us, regardless of age, have to deal with hate, I honestly envy you younger folks & the slightly more accepting world you were born into than myself & others.), & I had an uncomfortable dream about a lost love).
      I live just south of Dallas/Ft. Worth, so I’m always concerned about being beaten, or worse, which is a concern anywhere for us girls (or boys, for you FTM folks).
      At any rate, I went out for a drive & had to stop for gas. I had to go inside of the store to get some candy (which I absolutely adore), & the clerk called me ma’am (yeah! I wanted to cry).
      I was wearing pumps, hose, shapewear (hip & butt pads, & my prosthetic breasts) I was also in jeans & wearing makeup (I had sunglasses on, & obviously, as of this post, a mask for the pandemic).
      There were several pickup trucks in the parking lot (I really dislike to stereotype, but I have to be careful around these parts to stay safe), but I summoned the courage to go inside for some candy & to pay for some much needed gas for my car.
      I was absolutely terrified going in, but grabbed some candy & a beer, I think one person was staring, but it could just as easily been my self confidence. I got up to the counter & the clerk didn’t misgender me or look at me strangely or anything.
      It gave me just the boost I needed today & it was absolutely wonderful.
      Anyway, I just thought I’d share my story from today & let all of you that are afraid, to be careful, but don’t let it dictate your life.
      You’re all fantastic people & it’s nice to have a place to discuss these types of things without judgement.

All my love to you all,
      Laura

(I read it again to check for spelling & grammar errors, so sincerely hope I didn’t miss any)

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Laura Redd.
      Anonymous

I go everywhere in the DFW area dressed as the real me. And I never have to worry about anything. It is safe here unless you go into some sketchy areas at night, but then everyone needs to worry about those areas.  When you get into some small towns then there may be some concern.

If you want to go around the DFW sometime and you are anxious lets get together and I will go with you.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Laura:

People use the term “Situational Awareness” to describe the thought process of noting your surroundings, the people in it and who might be friend or foe. It’s a good thing to do and we all should practice it.

One of the things that is very easy to forget is how we carry ourselves. If you look confident in owning your space, that is at least half of the battle. We have every right to be where we are. Sounds like you are getting the hang of it…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?