A True Gentleman- A Story

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, Archie here. I am continuing my story of my transition and coming out. My previous story was Brother with Boobs, a Trans Panic Attack.

My mother and sister had accepted me, but I had not yet come out to my father. My parents are divorced, and I’ve had a rocky relationship with my father. But with my little sister’s graduation coming up, I knew I couldn’t go and not have told him.

So I got us on a video call with FB messenger and he was at work, so he had his video off. And…I told him. I wish I could have seen his facial expression, just because I hadn’t seen him in person since 2019, right before the pandemic, and I wanted to know what he was feeling, what he was thinking, and to judge his facial expression.

Well…he admitted he was surprised, but…he wanted to me to be happy, because you only have one life, and you have to life it well. Said that he was processing the pronouns “he/they” and he’d need time, but he’d adjust. Said that there wouldn’t be “not in this house” and he loved me. In less that five minutes, my father accepted that who had been his daughter for the past thirty-odd daughters came out as his son instead.

I was so shocked at being accepted so easily, that I forgot to tell him to call me Archie!

It was wonderful, I was on cloud nine.

Much later, I realized I had forgotten to tell him, and tried to get him on another messenger video chat, but couldn’t reach him. So I ended up just leaving a message to call me Archie.

The graduation came quickly, and I was proud to see my little sister walk. My father was outstanding. When standing in a group of all “women” and saying “ladies,” he corrected himself and said, “ladies and gentleman,” he hugged me and called me Archie.

It was the proudest and happiest moment with my Dad of my entire life.

I’m still figuring out who exactly I am and what I want to be. He/they are definitely my pronouns, and I like the Mx. Honorific rather than Mr. I’m still on the journey of self-discovery and still transitioning, slow and steady as I can.

That is such a heartwarming story, Archie. I am so happy for all of you.

Kind regards, Rowena 👩‍🦳

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?