Absolutely wonderful few days

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

It is now 6 pm on Saturday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  After a full day of travel, our party got in about 1 am.  There were a few flight delays in Atlanta.  The only side effect was chaos, but we arrived tired, hungry and amped up from a day’s travel.

Upon waking, I sat outside enjoying the warm morning, birdsong, and a delicious breeze…so nice after last weekend’s icy deep freeze.  I lounged around until everyone was functional, and explored some of the area.  We ended up taking a late lunch of local sea foods. It was some of the best ceviche ever, with chunks of snapper, scallops and shrimp.  My SO and i had an octopus salad and mahi-mahi tacos.  OMG!!!!   I am still moaning at how good it was.   There just ain’t good seafood in Oklahoma.

So now, I’m relaxing for the evening, resting up from yesterday.  Tomorrow takes me to a cruise ship, and onward to the islands.

This is my first adventure outside of the continental United States as my real self.  Those here that know me know I have no illusions about “passing”.  I don’t.  I never will.  I’m okay with that.  “Passing” hasn’t a thing to do with being me.    I go where I choose because, well…I decided to.  QED.

Not once have I been misgendered.  This is with 2 days of no makeup.  The women with me haven’t made up since we left.  I can’t see a reàson to.  Damn, girl.  I haven’t had time for that since I left.  I haven’t heard one off color comment, nor seen any stares or daggers.  People just say “Hi”, or “Good morning”, or such.  I get into a few casual conversations.    Otherwise, life goes on as it always has.

This has turned in to a pretty good life.  After all those years of worry, fear and anxiety, I learned that I was wasting my time and energy.  Today?   Here I am, World.  I really love you. I rejoice that you love me back.  Thank you, World, for just knowing I’m here.

More island adventures are coming.  I’ll update every day with something I find excellent.   Love y’all.

Carly

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Carly, there are not words for me to express the happiness I have for you. If more would just face their brave new world as you have done, I firmly believe the walls they have erected would simply vanish; or at the very least begin to crumble. And I am so glad to hear you are having such a wonderful time. Hugs, Michelle

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Carly, by the way, don’t forget to keep track of all of the places you go to. I’d love to add these to our Local Places listings. LOL. Hugs, Michelle

I surely will keep track.  Sadly, internet is so sketchy on board that it’s difficult to sign in and post info.  And after visiting 2 islands already, life just getting sweeter.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Stories from the Hearth’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?