Amazing Vacation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, everyone.  Today begins day four of my cruise vacation.  The only problem i’ve had is getting an internet connection here in the Caribbean.  Otherwise, I am having the time of my life.

I have spent a day on St Tomas, St Kitts and Antigua.  Today we dock in St Lucia.  Everyone, everywhere, has been absolutely wonderful.  The only time I am misgendered is when I have to show an ID.  The crew and other passengers have taken me in without a qualm.

I was able to find several unique jewelry pieces at St Kitts…a ring and matching pendant, earrings, and a gold chain.  Have many pics, but sadly can’t post them…as I mentioned, very limited internet available.  Believe me, I’ve tried.

I still marvel at how life continues to blossom.  When I first embraced my transition, I was filled with trepidation.  You know all those stresses and worries; all the crazy “What if…..” anxieties.  My life keeps on telling me that I am a welcome member of society.  And my experience after 2 years has convinced me that I have no reason to stress about being me.   What a welcome relief.

With the assistance of my counselor, doctor, and of course this wonderful site, I have become the woman I’ve dreamt of being.  All of those worries were self created and never manifested.

I find that the more I embrace life, the more life embraces me.  Early in my transition, I often avoided eye contact, or avoided casual chit chat.  No more!  It’s a thrill to go about life with a smile, a wink or a wave.

There is no earthly reason for our community to  hide from the rest of the world.  When we dive into our lives head first, we demonstrate that we are first and foremost, people.  People of value, strength, pride and love.  We will exude these qualities automatically, and the rest of the planet will see and accept.  Others will perceive our focus and will not be closed off to us.  We find our rightful place here on Earth, and the Earth takes us in.  I am convinced that as more of us assert ourselves, then others will follow en masse.  I am so happy that i have taken this attitude with me everywhere I go.

Folks, it is soon time to leave the boat to explore St. lucia, a train ride around the island then find a local establishment for drinks and lunch.

I hope you all have a great day.  I know I will.   My love yo you all.

Carly

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Carly, I dare say, you speak wonderful words of wisdom. Everyone should read all of the words of encouragement that gets posted here everyday. Having a wonderful vacation, as apparently you sure are having, without worry and with true acceptance from others, tells me, the world just may not be that big bad place after all for the most part. Enjoy the umbrella drinks and soak up that sun! Hugs, Michelle

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?