Being bold

• Creator
    Topic
    Joanne Watters
    Participant

Today I went out to the store wearing bra, panties, pantyhose, no socks, women’s jeans & sneakers, mascara, perfume & I had my finger nails polished a noticeable red, I was surprised, no one even gave me a second look. Are we getting all nervous for nothing ?

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Ambassador

AMBASSADOR

Today I went out to the store wearing bra, panties, pantyhose, no socks, women’s jeans & sneakers, mascara, perfume & I had my finger nails polished a noticeable red, I was surprised, no one even gave me a second look. Are we getting all nervous for nothing ?

I’d say being nervous, but not acting nervous, is a defense mechanism that works to keeps us aware of situations and surroundings. The reality is that sometimes s+++ happens and hopefully we will not be caught by surprise.

That said, it does appear that often people are self-absorbed enough to not notice or notice but don’t wish to invest any effort for reacting.

Works for me…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Jace
      Participant

FREE

I’ve gotten brave, in mid spring of this year, I went out dressed in what I felt most comfortable, as male, with packer in my pants. Later that day when I got home, I thought wow! No one seamed to care or give a second glance, at least not that I had noticed, is it possible the world around us is changing how they see people? maybe just maybe, we as LBGTQ community hope I got that right. Are being excepted more than not, as who we are. Or people just care? I don’t know, well I am early out, and haven’t really explored this as male in the world. I will take care in taking notice of how I am seen, after I begin hormone shots. That will be real test. You all have a great day. Stay strong happy and healthy.

Markie Marshall
      Participant

FREE

Hi

I live in the Chicago suburbs. I cannot pass. That being said, I have learned to go out as feminine as I can. Be it only a necklace or a dress, I act as if I fit in naturally. I think more people are starting to realize we are out there and either feel empowering to us or just don’t care. I had one experience where an older woman berated me in a store. Three others came to my side to support me. I was assured by them that all is ok with me. Society can sometimes surprise us.
      Good Luck

Michelle Brown
      Participant

It has been my expierience that little children and elderly ladies seem to notice me more when I am  dressed as Michelle. Once ,while dressed as  Michelle ,and dress shopping, I heard a young child ask her mother, ” Mom,where is she….he..going with those dresses”?Mom,much to her credit,said” To try them on”.Dont you love the dress SHE has on?Thanks Mom for teaching your daughter early on to respect everybody.

DeeAnn Hopings
      Ambassador

AMBASSADOR

No, it just depends on where you are and who is around. Kids seem to have radar, from my observation. Little ones will notice. Some time back I walked past a family and I could hear a 5-6 year Ask his mother after I had passed: “Mommy, was that a boy or a girl?”. In a very relaxed way the mother said: “It was a girl.” and never broke stride. Although I don’t have specific experience, teenagers tend no to be not so quiet. As I’ve read, some get it but others have little or no filtration regarding what they say…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.