Better late than never

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Beth Silver
      SILVER

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi everyone. I’ve questioned my gender ever since I was young. I started crossdressing when I was around 10 and never stopped. As a teen in the sixties there was no support or obviously the internet. Β As I got older I realized I was trans but never did anything about it until I was much older. I came out to my wife at 65, Β who has turned out to be my biggest supporter and finally started HRT in April 2021. It’s never too late!!!!</p>

Congratulations, Beth!

Hi Beth,

Thank you for this simple but profound (to me at least) revelation. You and I are bout the same age. Transition has been a life long dream, but. I have never made it a goal

Why? Fear, I think.

Your story complete with your age makes me smile and think, “well maybe I could transition; if Beth can do it at her age, then why not me?”

Again, thank you,

Charlene

Beth Silver
        SILVER

Hi Charlene. I started HRT back in April of 2021. I am still not out 100%. Still living a gender fluid lifestyle but the breasts are growing nicely and they are getting harder to hide. Have you thought of going on HRT?

Hi Beth,

Yes, I have considered it, longed to do so, but heretofore have resisted the decision to “finally just do it.”

πŸ˜”

Charlene

Emily Alt
      UNITY

Hi Beth and welcome to TGH!

I came to the same realization later in life. I’m 63. I started transitioning in Sept 2021. HRT is doing it’s thing and OMG it’s been a wild ride! Physical stuff has been slow and steady. The changes are becoming more obvious. I love having boobs, a more feminine face, and tons of hair! The mental and emotional changes have been profound. It’s like the dots I didn’t know existed suddenly connected. My emotions are now like a sixth sense. The things I feel were incomprehensible 2 years ago. Transition is the best decision I ever made. Agree it’s never too late!

/EA

Dawn J
        AMBASSADOR

Love it, Em!

Dana Munson
      SILVER

Hi, Beth! I am another late bloomer. Age 69. Started transition last July. Living 24/7 as my true self since then. HRT since August (spironolactone for now, due to age; estradiol starting sometime later this year). Tracheal shave at end of January, other surgeries down the line whenever medical science feels ready to approve them. Feeling wonderful!

Lir
      FREE

Hello everyone,

I’m Lir, and I’m 34. I have only started socially transitioning since about September 2022. Though not fully out (as some co-workers are transphobic). I was worried that I was “late” to transition since most people I have heard about are around 20 or so, though thanks to the lovely people on this forum, I’m seeing that it doesn’t matter what my age is as long as it’s right for me.

Hello Beth,

Please excuse me – way behind on my greetings..

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Beth:

As you will see, often there are posts that mention: β€œI wish I had started sooner.”. I think the thing that folks don’t consider is whether or not they were ready to turn their lives upside down at an earlier point. If we are going to transition to any useful extent, we have to be able to commit to it fully. In earlier times that may just not have been possible.

In my case, 67 was my time. Sooner would have likely had serious implications for my family and career.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?