Call to Action: Letter Writing the Fashion Industry

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’d like your help in writing to the Fashion Industry in order to pressure them to make our sizes in footwear and clothing. Many sizes don’t exist for us in footwear and clothing we’d like to wear.Β  Let’s band together and see if we can change that!

I’ll put together some contact information this month. Some companies I’m thinking of off the top of my head would be Sorel, Mucluck, Columbia, Marmot, Hard Mountain Gear, REI, Nike, New Balance, Reebok, Target, Walmart, DSW, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstroms. If you have any other companies please find the contact information and add them below.

Thank you for your help with this! I don’t mind being barefoot and naked sometimes, but it’s usually best to wearing shoes and clothes, ha ha.

To our success,

Dasia

Great idea Dasia!Β  This is a great list of retailers and manufacturers too which is a good top down and bottom up approach.Β  It does seem to be athletics and outdoors gear centric.Β  There are some strong fashion oriented mfgs too such as Nine West, Clarkes, etc…Β  that would be good too.

Thanks, Cloe!

Yeah I tend to be athletic and outdoorsy right now. My list is way not conclusive. If anybody knows other more professional and glam footwear and clothing companies just add away. I have faith that if we ask for it they will make it. Field of Dreams stuff but in reverse. πŸ™‚

Target has a contact number for product requests: 1-800-910-6874 for General Merchandise

Walmart has a contact number, too, for Customer Service: 1-800-925-6278

Nine West’s contact number is: 1-800-999-1877

Columbia’s contact email is: comlumbia dot com/customerservice-contactus

Marmot’s contact number is: 1-888-357-3262

Sorel’s contact number is: 1-888-697-6735

Mountain Hardwear contact number is: 1-877-927-5649

Muk Luks email is: info at muk-luks dot com

Nike’s contact number is: 1-800-344-6453

Reebok’s contact email is: reebokfitness dot info/contact-us

Clarks Shoes contact number is: 1-800-211-5461

REI’s contact number is: 1-800-426-4840

DSW Shoes’s contact number is: 1-866-379-7463

Macy’s contact number is: 1-888-257-6757

Bloomingdale’s contact number is: 1-800-777-0000

Nordstrom’s contact number is: 1-888-282-6060

Note: I listed the customer service phone lines because most of the companies had embedded contact email forms. If you’d prefer to write them an email letter just google the company and hop onto their online customer service forms.

I think it’d be so awesome to have footwear and clothing that fit us! It’s horrible finding just that right design only to realize the company doesn’t even make it in my size. It would be great if any trans men could give me a heads up on a smaller size mens shoe or boot to ask the companies for. I’d like to help them with our calls, too. I would guess as small as a Mens 3 might be a good place to start.

Thanks everyone!

Dasia

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real World Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?