Carollyn Faith Olson made a difference for me and many others.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

<p class=”p1″>There has been a disturbance within the force.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>With great sadness I found out that Carollyn Faith Olson had passed away just before Christmas after a multi-year battle with cancer.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Carollyn was one of the great Goddesses of our Community.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>While this perhaps could be placed in Memorandums, Carollyn was one of the early pioneers that many in today’s community benefited from but didn’t actually know about.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>She was Post Mistress and a Proud Member of the Vanity Club, Founder of the Mature Woman Group and 2010 Glamour Boutique Glamour Girl of the Year.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>She wrote extensively and worked to further our knowledge including a three volume makeup and dressing book series entitled The Tricks of the Trade.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Above all Carollyn was a class act who was never too busy to not help someone out. Twelve years ago she graciously took time to correspond and counsel me when I was struggling with my Intersex condition.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>She arranged for me to meet with her friend Jenee Davis who also kindly took the time to advise me when I was so confused about my direction.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Carollyn was a profound influence in my life and the lives of many others.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Although we emailed, I had always hoped to thank her in person for helping me but our paths never did cross again.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Carollyn’s willingness to share so freely of her time and talents made our world a better place.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>I always think of her and Jenee when I try to help within our communities.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>Many of us will miss her presence.<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>I know that I am better for having known her. <span class=”Apple-converted-space”>    </span>Marg</p>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Stories from the Hearth’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?