Childhood signs

• Creator
    Topic
    Michelle M
    Participant

For people later in life that are finally accepting their gender such as myself are there signs from childhood you think could have gone unnoticed?

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Andrea Jayne
      SILVER

For me, the signs were obvious but I ignored them for so long.  Duh – I wasn’t very bright.  I loved playing with my sisters barbie dolls.  My mom would encourage this.  My mom also showed me how to put make-up and nail polish on.  She encouraged me to dress when I was bad.  So I dressed.  A lot!  I continued to dress during school, in my marriage.  Finally, I have told my wife of my cross dressing and my desire to become Andrea full time.  It is a struggle.  I am at a cross roads, but finally – after 50 years – of opening up to people including her and letting Andrea out to the world, even a little, is incredibly freeing.

2 users thanked author for this post.

For me it was wanting to wear my friends that was a girl her clothes.  Then sometimes I would sneak my moms lip gloss she never used and put it on when I was alone.  Then when I was 12 I found my moms tampons and took one and tried it.  I had to read the directions to see how to insert it.  That memory particularly sticks out because that was the most feminine thing I had ever felt.  Over time I would do it occasionally.  But being so young it was like I just enjoyed how it felt but I never processed it.  Looking bad I wish I had because I would be a lot further along then I am now.

Hi, Michelle.   At 68 years old, I’ve accepted my real self as me, after years of pretending.  Personally, I knew something was amiss all my life.  I Didn’t have words or concepts to express it until I was a teenager.  I heard an underground radio station share an interview with Dr Virginia Prince, one of the pioneers in the 50s and 60s and 70s.  Back then, there was no form of support to be found, and being trans was a psychiatric disorder, so I stayed as stealthy as I could manage.   But that was the event that gave me a framework to describe who I am and to start learning about myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.

I feel like mine that started around 7 or8 I didn’t recognize then

Cassie Grey
      BRONZE

There were always signs. Most if not all were caught dressing in alternative clothes or even mentioned we wished to be the opposite gender. It was most common I’d think we got a long talk or even scolded. At that point if like myself those wishes/desires were carefully hidden .

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.