Coming out and moving forward

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Came out to my best friend and a couple other friends few weeks ago now. I knew she would be ok with it, we’ve had discussions about transgender people and tons of other stuff, but I still had that voice in the back of my head that kept saying “she may not have a problem with trans in general but thats gonna change once she knows someone close to her is.” And it kept me quiet for months even though I wanted to talk to her about it.

She said after all the stuff we’ve been through as friends (lot of life crap happened in the couple years we’ve been friends) it will take a hell of a lot more for me to not to be your friend. We talked a bit more about me wanting to go on hrt and start talking to a therapist.

She even told me me that I shouldn’t  let anyone keep me from being who I am any longer than necessary that I’ve already forced myself into everyone else’s expectation of me for over 20 years and I deserve to be who I am. (She made me cry with that one)

I’m still not out to my family which has gotten much harder since knowing I have supportive people but I feel like I have to get out of my dads house first. His reaction is what I’ve  kind of feared the most.

But thanks to my friend I have been actively looking for housing and trying to find a therapist to talk to (I live in a informed consent state but I just feel like I need to talk to someone before I start on T.)

And once I’m in a place I have plans of starting to come out to my family.

Anonymous

Good for you hun!! 😊 I’m happy for you. One step at a time is all any of us can do *hugs*

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘FTM Conversations’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?