Coming out to parents

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CC Webb 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Savannah Hughes
    Participant

As an 18 yr old girl at heart how do I come out to parents that are against transgender people. Should I come to them dressed up as a Girl and proclaim it? or should I sit down with them in boy clothes.

• Author
    Replies
     CC Webb 
    Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Hi Savannah.  I agree with Marianne.  You already know they are against it and you need to count the real risks that may come from a very negative response now that you are of adult age.

Savannah Hughes 
      Participant

FREE

I am concerned that If I do not do it in full girl mode they will not take me seriously. I know the end result wont be good I just need to do it.

CC Webb 
        Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Please talk this over with a counselor first.  Just being blunt, you need to be prepared for the worst.  They may tell you to leave and all that could entail like witholding housing, funding, college, support, whatever you count on them for.   You know them better than us, but we’ve seen/heard bad things happen.

Marianne Tornander 
    Ambassador

AMBASSADOR - EDITOR

Dear Savannah,

From your question I understand that your parents have some sort of aversion against transgendered persons. I would therefore recommend you to raise the subject veary gently on them. Turning up unexpectedly in full girl mode could possibly initiate reactions that make a polite discussion impossible.

Good luck dear

Marianne Tornander

Savannah Hughes 
    Participant

FREE

Hello anybody there

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account