Dad learning to accept it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My dad had a hard time to accept after I started living and dressing as female at age 14 at first.With me being the oldest of 3 of his sons at first,I had it the toughest trying to find my true self at an young age.After being diagnosed with having transgender issues,it was tough seeing me dressed as female at times at first.Also when I came home after I had my ears pierced at age 11 one day.Mom had a talk with him on it a few times,said to him I was trying to find myself.Age 14 after finishing 8th grade,he was there when I said get rid of my boy clothes.It hit him hard after I said it.Said he lost a son in his life.Mom reminded that he still has two sons left and he was going to have a much happier daughter in his life.It was after I started living and dressing as female also diagnosed with gender dysphoria,he started to learn to accept I was finally happy in my life.Saw I became a great big sister as well to my brothers.Finally one day,we talked and he said that he wanted time with me.I did,out for lunch and we talked.Said he came to terms finally having a much happier daughter in his life.Mom was happy to hear this and proud of him when we got home.

So glad your father could see that being a woman made you happy and a rounded out your life.

. Cassie

Dana Munson
      SILVER

You are fortunate that your dad is open-minded enough to absorb your change and deal with it in a positive manner, even if he may not be thrilled about it. My own parents died many years ago.  They discovered my (then) crossdressing habit when I was a teenager, around 1969-70.  I loved them dearly (still do), but they were not terribly enlightened in their thinking.  They were products of their generation (Depression – WW2) and simply were not very progressive on social matters.  They were definitely upset by my dressing, and guilted me into — yes, you guessed it — purging and earnestly swearing off dressing.  Had they somehow managed to survive to behold my transition, I am inclined to think they would have rejected me.  Although, people can change over time and who can say for certain what their thinking might have been had they lived into the 21st century (with still-functional grey matter upstairs).

[postquote quote=134693]
      It has and that unhappy person is dead

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Life Transition Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?