Discrimination in the Workplace, Has it effected you?

Have you experienced discrimination in the workplace for being Transgender?

A multiple choice poll, To discuss the situations we all face when coming out in the workplace.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes I have experienced Discrimination
  • Yes I have faced Discrimination and I was fired
  • Yes I have faced Discrimination and quit
  • People have treated me differently since coming out at work (explain n comments)
  • My Employer has been understanding but I still see bias.
  • My Employer has been very understanding and I've had no issues
  • My Employer had no issues, Although my co workers did.
  • It took a while for people to adjust, But everything is fine now.
  • No I haven't experienced any Discrimination as such

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DeeAnn Hopings 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Cami
    Ambassador

Hello everyone.

Once again it’s time for the monthly TGH poll.

This month we are focusing on your experiences on coming out at work and any discrimination you may have faced.

It can be hard enough to come out to family and friends and live your authentic life, It’s even harder for some to maintain employment and friendships at work during transition and indeed after.

I myself have lost employers and have been subjected to sexist comments so I know personally how hurtful this can be.

Once again we are running a multiple choice poll and as always your responses may help those following in your brave footsteps.

Hugs Cami xx

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     DeeAnn Hopings 
    Participant

FREE

There were only 3 months between when I came out and when I retired. I also never dressed when working.

Brenda Leigh 
    Participant

FREE

Great Pole!!

Unfortunately, many people are subjected to discrimination at work because they are trans. I was told that being transgender was “worse” than being gay. What does that statement mean?! Are we now “measuring” the degree of good or bad your label might be? Totally an ignorant statement and I told her so. Also, I was thrown out of a customer’s home during a sales presentation because I admited to being trans when asked. Society is slowly becoming a little more accepting with time, people are not as prejudice as they were during the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, but theres alot of room for improvement!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account