Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Equal Rights for the Transgender Community

Thursday, Oct 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

Online event

412 Members Attending

As a part of the ‘Dismantling Social Injustice’ series, this event will focus on the disparities and inequities that the Transgender community faces, including voting rights and civil rights equality. Join Cynthia Dames (she/her) (Founding Member and Project Managing Consultant for The NEW Pride Agenda) and Kate Sosin (they/them) (LGBTQ+ Reporter a…

Check out this Meetup →

I’m a member of MeetUp and I got this email earlier. I figure I’d post it in case anyone was interested. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

In the broader sense, to me it is about equal access to employment, health care, mental health care, social services, etc. From what I’ve seen, there are so many transpeople who are just “stuck”, for the want of a better word. By that I mean people who don’t really see a path forward. People can’t find gainful employment, so they become mired in sex work. Without access to the health care system, they have no access to drugs like PeP and PrEP that can prevent HIV infection. Working off the books, they have no access to Social Security and can’t file for disability, if needed.

The trans population tends to be better educated than the general population, yet our unemployment rate is 4x worse. We are indiscriminately murdered and the perpetrators are rarely brought to justice. We lose our families, homes and jobs, yet there are still idiots out there who claim “It’s a choice”. If it is a choice, why would you choose to put yourself in harm’s way like this?!?!

As always, there is a lot of ignorance and BS in the world…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Transgender Policies and Laws’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?