Excessively high Estrogen levels before HRT??

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Barb.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

So, I’m getting ready to start on HRT, and my doctor sent me for for tests of my base hormone levels. and I’m a little perplexed by the results. I haven’t spoken to my doctor yet, next appointment is in 3 weeks when I’m back from vacation, but I got the lab results.

So my Estrogen is at 236.3 pg/ml and the range is 60-190 pg/ml

My Cholesterol is high across the board

And my Testosterone is pretty low, 335 pg/ml with a range or 250-1100 pg/ml

Any ideas what’s happening? Why is my Estrogen so freaking high pre HRT?

Barb
      FREE

That’s interesting!

I too have a higher than normal estrogen level for an AMAB. So much so, that when I shaved my chest for the first time a few years ago, I couldn’t believe what I saw. In no way can I walk topless anywhere without getting arrested. And I’m in pretty good shape and still work-out often – mountain biking and road cycling, skiing, and some weights, so obesity isn’t driving any of my shapely curves.

I showed my doctor my developing boobs. He shrugged his shoulders. He says all my blood work is excellent and isn’t worried about my breasts, although I do need to check myself for lumps regularly.

At my last physical, he squeezed and poking them, then squeezed and poked them some more. So I finally said, “Hey, Doc, you can keep doing that so long as you ask me out to dinner.” We both burst out in laughter!!

All I can say is keep asking questions for your medical team. I am happy with where I am in my physical development. Yes, I do take HRT, but only to keep from loosing muscle mass and bone density at my advancing age. Andropause is real! However, that extra HRT boost is working wonders for my hips, butt and breasts. LOL!!

Life is good!

Good luck you to you, Valerie! PM me anytime!

Hugs, Barb

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?