Family Matters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yes I’m a 90s Chicago girl so the sitcom pun was necessary here.

So as I mentioned in some other comments on here, I grew up in an incredibly conservative family. My dad a devout Protestant and my mom a firm Catholic, both believing every word of the American republican machine. My dad raised me and my four brothers with the belief that to be gay is to sin and god does not make mistakes. Therefore, the gender you are assigned at birth is your gender period. Those who transition are disgusting, wrong, immoral and are perverted. My mom believes the same minus the stand on sexuality. She does believe you are born that way and there is nothing you can do to fix it. My brothers (all younger) took my parents teachings to heart and feel closely to how my dad does. For example, this thanksgiving, somehow gender identity was brought up. My brother referred to people like us as β€œfags, homos, β€˜one of those people’” you name it, he had the derogatory remark for it. And he fueled a one sided discussion all day. My whole family mocking those that feel the way we do. Meanwhile I sat in the corner unable to tell them anything. I am quite honestly terrified of telling them anything after how vulgar and honestly immature they were. My dad has gone as far as comparing allowing people to self identify to allowing people to steal with no recourse. Seriously?!

my question to you is, for those of you who came out to your family, did they have a view of the trans community prior to your coming out that was changed after? I sincerely hope my family would accept what I want to tell them but I’m terrified they will reject me..

Oh Skyler….I feel so sorry for you. Honey…..I would be very careful around your family…you are the light match in a roon full of gunpowder. It saddens me how hypocritical and 2 faced religions are. Children are brainwashed from birth and re-inforced by narrow minded brainwash parents. My mother dragged me to the Salvation Army every Sunday and I hated it…..till I turned 16, then I threw off the yoke of oppression and became a free man then woman. Now I am a Knight Templar and fight for honest Christianity and Folklore. I fought in Vietnam for 3 tours against Communism. If you know anything about the Templars…..we freed Jerusalem 4 times against the Muslim barbarians on behalf of the Church of Rome. They betrayed us and become the Vatican. Their teachings have royally screw up humanity. I asked the Archbishop of New York why criminals and serial killers just asked for forgiveness for murder and went to heaven….why it was OK to kill in a war, when they said Thou shall not kill? Yet to be be a cross dresser is a hell bound crime. The Bishop carried a gun too. 1984………Everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

My Dad was against gays and handed it to me and my brother. I have become enlightened, my brother not. Mom…is so old and feeble, showed her a picture of me enfemme…she did’nt know who I was. I am very private and keep things to myself, however, I do go out en femme and never had any trouble.Β  Your family….well……just tell them that you don’t descriminate and you;ll pray for their souls.

Anytime you wish to discuss things…I am here for you honey. Use the private message line on your dashboard. CDH….isn’t happy with sex/religion/politics: rightly so…were a peaceful site LOL.

Love for you….

Dame Veronica

The older the person the more set in their ways they are.Β  My family has accepted me, but only one is truly supportive of my being trans.Β  My parents do support me, but equate it to being an alcoholic who refuses to acknowledge a problem.Β  Then again dad truly is a family man and mom pretty much follows his lead and prays I make it to heaven.

Your situation seems much more antagonistic than mine.Β  I agree with Veronica.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?