Feedback for potential live program

Would you be interested in forums/a call in program that specializes in crossdressing/transgender image consulting? And if so, what topics would you like to see covered?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • No, this would not interest me
  • Yes, this would interest me, but I’m not sure which topics I’d like 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice about color coordination 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice about types of clothes to wear to real life events like interviews, work, etc 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on feminine mannerisms and actions 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on proper clothing care 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on makeup 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on hair styling 

• Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on choice of makeup and clothes colors that complement my complexion
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on age appropriate clothes selection
  • Yes, this would interest me, I’d like advice on something not listed above (please elaborate in a response)
  • Yes, this would interest me, if the subject was FTM pertinent
  • Creator
    Topic
    Tiffany Alexis
    Managing Ambassador

Hey everyone! This poll is different from the rest I’ve put up. There may be a new feature coming to TGH, where there is a new forum and eventually a live call in show over topics relevant to successfully dressing as cd/transgender. It will be intended to go beyond the recreational aspects of it and be most fully geared towards those who dress more than recreationally. It’s goal will be to provide useful information on such topics as good color coordination, proper care of clothes, selecting the correct outfits for things like job interviews, meetings, school, etc. Things that would help us through real life events. This poll is to collect data on what issues y’all feel are pertinent to this. I strongly encourage you to elaborate with responses. The program and forum will be staffed by actual style and image consultants who specialize in transgender/Crossdressing advice of this nature, and it is a direct result of the Unity project.
    It is likely that MTF topics would be covered as well, especially as we expand the program.

My heart is in the game

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Sarah Daniels
      Ambassador

AMBASSADOR

Hell yes!!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant

BRONZE

Just happened to be re-reading this topic this morning and something occurred to me. The vast majority of topics you mentioned have a significant visual component. It would seem that there are only 2 ways to accomplish this:

• Video podcast
      • Referencing web pages that people can look up during the program
        Tiffany Alexis
        Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Yeah a live cast will be pretty much essential, also, pics and links by the professional would likely have a place in the forums component

My heart is in the game

Carly Holloway
      Participant

GOLD

I think a live line would be neat and useful.  I was vague in my vote, but would appreciate a vehicle for all the listed topics.  I would also like a live forum that was open to other topics not listed as well, even an open forum for sharing experiences and stories and opinions, keeping it moderated for sure.

Meran Berwyck
      Participant

FREE

I was an online DJ for a few years and some of my listeners suggested I have my own TG/CD talk show.  I was flattered and have thought about it.  The biggest problem is having a good computer system and a great internet connection, along with Skype interface into the broadcasting software.  And, of course, good quality studio microphones.  When I was DJ’ing, I only had one microphone, on a headset.  I could converse with people on Skype by a mouse click and have it ‘on air’ if they were comfortable with it.

Before I was DJ’ing, I was a CD forum moderator for a website that went under in less than two years.  It was due to lack of participants.  But while it lasted, I became very informative to those who wanted advice.  I would love to give advice again, such as a radio show.  I’m not up on all topics, only those I have had personal experience.

Tiffany Alexis
        Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

When this gets off the ground, I’ll look ya up. I’ve got a lot of ideas for this….

My heart is in the game

Anne Preuss
      Participant

FREE

Tiff, I assume you intend for this to be a forum for members of both CDH and TGH to listen in and ask questions….not a separate forum for CDH members and then another separate forum for TGH members.

Tiffany Alexis
        Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I intended this poll to reach as many of both as possible, all can vote, all can comment, here or there, it’s fine with me.

My heart is in the game

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant

BRONZE

I voted No. It would likely be useful for many people, but the topics don’t have much bearing for me. Not trying to brag here, but I am pretty good at choosing outfits, color coordination and accessorizing and have hit upon my own personal style. I do understand that concept of being age appropriate, but I often choose to violate that consciously. Hair styling doesn’t come into play as I wear hats 99% of the time (reason being that I don’t have much hair). I have an extensive wardrobe and I know how to wash, iron and dry clean as necessary. I’ve sorted out clothing and shoe sizes. I’ve been taught makeup skills by professionals and it’s down to a matter of practice, practice… Deportment isn’t a problem for me. About the only thing that I have never addressed in some way is my vocal technique. So far, I just haven’t been motivated to do that. Eventually, though…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Anne Preuss
      Participant

FREE

Besides checking off most of the yes boxes, I’d be interested if possibly advice/commentary could be provided by therapists on the mental health aspect of transitioning.  Maybe it would be an open forum discussion with a gender therapist professional along with one or two MtF TG’s who have been through transitioning.

Tiffany Alexis
        Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Maybe from a generalist aspect this could be doable, but there’s a lot of pitfalls legally in giving specific medical advice, and would need things like added insurance. Not sure that’s doable, although the topic is definitely valid.

My heart is in the game

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account