“feminine”

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurette
      FREE

Ladies, what is your definition of “feminine”?

I think there’s more to femininity than long hair, long polished nails, makeup, jewelry, shaving legs and armpits, or wearing skirts, hose, and heels. Feminine is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles commonly associated with women. The extent to which femininity is influenced biologically or socially is controversial. It differs from the definition of the biological female sex in that both men and women can have feminine characteristics. These traits include grace, gentleness, empathy, humility, and sensitivity. Docility has historically been a feminine trait, but that has changed in recent years. In particular, with women in leadership positions or political offices, as well as for lesbians in femme-femme relationships. The ability to multitask, as well as the desire to multitask, is also a feminine trait.

Anonymous

That’s a comprehensive list of feminine traits and attributes, Laurette.  I have one more for the list, nurturing.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Laurette:

As I understand, humans don’t multitask. What we can do is rapid context switching so that it appears that we are doing multiple things simultaneously, but we really are not…

[postquote quote=121469]
      Good question. Am I feminine because I like to wear female clothing when I can? I will never see myself as a woman. God made me a male. I’m not saying that to offend anybody, but it’s my honest belief.
      Eliabeth

Anonymous

I agree, I feel that nurturing and unconditional love which comes natural is important.

Mae
      FREE

Hummm I’m a Crossdressing Closet Girl so I’m not sure how valid my comments are in a public arena. During my personal time allotted to Dressing in private. Naturally I spend some time primping and pampering to have a smooth soft physic. I don’t use cosmetics such as nail polish or make up. I do try to keep an appropriate length in my fingernails which promotes a feminine feel. I would have to admit I’m very much into imitating GGs and their feminine movements and mannerisms. The walking and talking, sitting, rising, standing. Posture in general seems even more important then the clothes themselves. I have adored many women while they were were dressed in Levis, plaid shirt and pump heels. To me femininity is your way of being just as masculinity is.

Anonymous

I fully respect your opinion. If you feel happy and at one with yourself then that’s all that matters.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I think many trans women struggle with the idea of femininity. The problem is that it is very hard to let go of the thought process of male privilege. In general, women do exhibit some degree of privilege, but it is often overshadowed completely by male privilege.

Looking at the world, and living in it, from a female perspective is very different from a male perspective. From my observation, women try to figure out how to work their way through the system whereas men will try to bend the system to their liking. That is a fundamental difference and is a considerable challenge…

Hi Laurette.
      My thoughts: It’s in the little things, much born out of necessity and practicality. Eating a burger after cutting it, sipping drinks, eating off spoons upside down…all this because of makeup and lipstick and the right mess you would look if you didn’t.
      The list is endless…so I guess much that is feminine is a different way of having to act.
      My inner monologue, is where I am changing me the most also the tone of that voice. Consider then react…men tend not too.
      Research has shown men are just as good at multitasking as women…another of those urban myths. In practice a woman has to do lots of things at once, the demands are so high…so I doubt it is out of choice.
      And ladies are pretty…and we like being pretty so we make the effort.
      Alex x

Great question.  Being something so mercurial in being defined, I have no doubt there would be an endless array of answers.  For me… I see this as my own personsl journey, so here it it goes:  when I see a color that appeals to me because it’s pretty, that’s me.  If a bra, panties, blouse, dress et at. make me feel sexy and looks pretty on me, that’s me.  I’ve always felt female, and have come to accept and enjoy that aspect of my person.  Anything that that makes this particular woman think “damn… I like how that looks” gets a seat on the femininity train, because like so many other things, it makes me feel good. And who doesn’t like that?

I’m trying as hard as I can to be myself…finally. I’m so far not able to do any transitioning, but I very much need to feel feminine and pretty. I prefer the tag girl over woman or lady. I have been reading any and every thing I can to get information. I’ve read to grow my hair..which I’ve already been doing for about 2yrs. Take good care of my hygiene and skin..which ive always done. Grow my nails and use polish…which I’m starting now. Work on posture and movements. What else can I do to make myself feel pretty until i can start hormones, keeping in mind that I’ve not come out yet? I’m still building my confidence. Thanks for any advice. 💋

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?