Finally – Hormones!’

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everybody. I hope everything is well for each of you. I want you to celebrate with me. I am so excited!!! I started taking hormones Saturday! I’ve started taking estradiol and once my bmp bloodwork comes back I will start on an androgen blocker, Spironolactone. I am just sooo happy. I am absolutely beside myself with joy. Yay me!! πŸŽ‰πŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ™†β€β™€οΈ

Brielle
      FREE

Hi Abby! Congratulations!! I went into HRT in reverse. My doc started me on spiro for 3 months, and hopefully she’ll approve estrogen tomorrow when I telehealth again.

I’m so happy for you! If the spiro is a problem, ask about other meds that don’t have the same risks. Or, if you are planning this later on anyway, ask if you can get an orchiectomy to stop the testosterone production. I’m going to get one as soon as I can get approval, so I can stop spiro.

Hugs,

Brie

Good luck!! I think I want to wait until I can get the whole surgery done. God only knows when that will be! πŸ˜‚πŸ™†β€β™€οΈ

Abby I’m SO HAPPY FOR YOU…
      Like All fo US, Members of TGH
      I send you My Support, Love, on Your Wonderful Journey…
      With Much Love Jessica πŸ’•

Way to go Abby!! I had to clear a lot of hurdles before I started but it made it even better. I hope you find the same. Holding back on the AA is often a sign that you have low T to start with and need to build up enough female hormone to avoid menopause symptoms. It may seem odd but at a recent family event my boobs were the subject of many compliments, I thought about an orchie but decided not to it was a good decision for me at least.

Thanks. Fascinating to get all those compliments. But not many non family are likely to compliment! πŸ˜πŸ€—β€οΈπŸ™†β€β™€οΈ

Thats great Abby!

I am so happy for you. I would give almost anything to start estrogen and a t blocker but my family would not understand or accept it, esp now that I just turned 70. Hope to be able to keep up with your progress.

Love,
      Debbie

Whooo hooooooo!
      You can tell that many of us are so happy for you. I can only speak for myself, but I suspect that many share this sentiment: it’s not about the hormones. We are happy that you are reaching for your personal fulfillment, and are seeking what sets you free to be what you understand and feel so deeply inside.

The hormones are only a tool. Your beauty is in your soul, and your post shows that it is bubbling to the surface.

I remember looking forward to the very first time that I reached for my estradiol and spironolactone. The excitement of those first pills has not diminished a single day since. That same excitement is repeated every single day that I touch the pill box. I can flub up so many things in a day’s time, but I have never missed a single dose of hormones.

I can only wish you success on your journey. Be patient. Be open to the wisdom of your physician(s) and counselor. As all us who are on this hormone path, you will have so much to learn. There will be many things that you will feel, both physically and emotionally, that will surprise you. There will be many things that you don’t understand too.

Above all, enjoy your life and those loving people filling it, as they are on this journey along with you!

Dee

Thanks Tia! I never had thought about that my body is no longer entirely male anymore. That was so encouraging!! πŸ€—πŸ™†β€β™€οΈ

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?