Finally ready to give it a go (new member)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello everyone,</p>
      Short introduction Im new to the site my name is Alex and I have had mixed emotions my whole life about who I am. When i was young and married I lived a double life as a male in public and female in private after 5 years of that my wife could not find happiness in being with me in that state and choose to pursue other things. (We remain friends) that was 6 years ago she was at that time the only person who knew I’ve felt very discouraged since then to be myself as it hurt me and someone I loved. Now my new partner has been pretty open minded and understanding and although she does have some concerns, talking about moving forward has gone well which has lead here. At this point im ready to start regaining who I am and getting comfortable in my skin. I have finally built my courage enough to want to seek a professional to assist with what comes next for me as well as join here for peers. Hope to chat with you all and gain further perspective and share stories and experience, thank you

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Alex, welcome to our neck of the world. I do hope you are getting situated and seeing all there is here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Either I, or someone else, will make sure we reply back. I do so hope you will join us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Alex:

Sorry that your previous relationship didn’t go the distance, but that is not uncommon. Revealing ourselves is never easy and sometimes there are unfortunate consequences. It is always a possibility.

After you have been here a while you will see a lot of similarity to your situation, but there is also quite a bit of variation. Considering all of the different countries, occupations, family situations, ethnic backgrounds, etc. represented here, I suppose variance should be expected, but there is a core of similarity in our journeys.

I do ask that you complete your Profile page. It helps people to get to know you and understand your situation. The page can also be edited at any time, unlike regular posts.

So I hope that being here will be a useful experience for you and glad that you found us!

I will definitely finish my profile and thanks for the reply! Finding peers to chat with and explore myself with more knowledge is why I’m here even so called “bad” stories can be very useful for information and understanding possible outcomes. I am thankful that my life has taken a much more positive outlook however.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

For me, when I am learning something new, everything becomes a data point. Failure is unfortunate, but it often contains a lot of information and probably shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand.  It is something that I have come to understand both personally and professionally…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?