First TIme With My Therapist

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

As I’ve shared on my bio, I’m beginning my transition later in life (I’m 58). It’s taken my lifetime to come to complete honesty with myself about who I am – and I’m excited to be taking the steps to LIVE who I am for however many years I have left in this life…

I recently made my first appointment with a therapist and am excited to meet with her. She and I had a fairly lengthy phone consultation last week, and it seems that she will be a wonderful resource and ally for me, not only because she specializes in transgender therapy, but also because I got the sense from our conversation, that she truly cares.

I’m excited for my “new” life and even though I know there will be many challenges and bumps ahead – I finally feel free and at peace with myself!

Hugs,

Shawna

My therapist has provided a great resource to work through the issues, trials and struggles of life and transition.Β  She’s also been there to help me remember to enjoy the successes a little more than I’ve allowed for myself.Β  I hope you find yours equally as helpful.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘The Emotional Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?