Food Reaction on HRT?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Emily Alt
      UNITY

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been on EV sub-q injections for about a month.  I’m starting to notice the physical and mental changes I expected.  One change I wasn’t expecting is how I react to certain foods.  Some of the foods I love taste different or don’t taste good. I also had a bad reaction last night.  I ate pizza for the first time since I went on HRT. Several hours later I had a case of indigestion and nausea. The pizza came from a neighborhood place that’s been consistently excellent for many years. My girlfriend ate the same pizza and was fine, so I doubt there was anything wrong with the ingredients or preparation. I love pizza BTW. Giving it up would suck!

Is it normal for HRT to change how we experience or react to food? Has anyone else noticed this?  Thanks!

White wine Emily…I get really bad cramps and D now if I drink it. Not sure if I still would now…but I’m not risking it. Things did taste different in the first month or so, mainly vegetables…then I got use to the difference. People have said it can do that.

Emily Alt
        UNITY

I’ve noticed veggies taste different too.  Not objectionably though.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

My guess would be that anything that changes ones body chemistry could bring about allergic reactions.

Emily Alt
        UNITY

That makes sense.  I just never thought about it.  It’ll be interesting to see how my sense of taste changes.  One change I’ll glad happened is chocolate.  It doesn’t taste good anymore.  Before HRT I had a very hard time resisting it.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

When my son was a kid, a half a dozen peanuts would result in a trip to the bathroom in 10 or 15 minutes; guaranteed. By the time he was in college that had mostly gone away. If he ate a lot, it would still react a bit, but nothing like what used to happen…

As someone who is allergic to all fruits and vegetables but can tolerate most if cooked, a food sensitivity is not absolutely an allergy, digestive sensitivities to beef and tomatoes are really common, and might be a result of changing body chemistry from hormone levels.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?