Friend Requests

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Ladie’s,

There is nothing more flattering than receiving a “friend request” as I’m sure most of you know, and that’s why I’m bringing up this subject. It seems to me that people are loosing sight as to the meaning of a friend. Almost everyday someone sends me a friend request without any explanation why they want to be friends. In fact, I never receive any type of message at all, ever and I always make a point to reply with a short note thanking the person asking, once I read their profile and approve their request.

So my question to the community is, “What’s the point!??” Why are girls asking to be friends when they have no intention of following thru with their request? Is there a status thing on the website that I’m not aware of? ” The person with the most friends wins? ? ”

So my remedy to this issue is, please don’t ask me to be my friend unless you are sincere in your request and you plan to at least try to follow thru. Or, when making a friend request, include a personal message explaining why you want to be friends opening the channels of communication.

In my world I have two friends who I can count on but I know lots of people whom I would never consider or ask to be friends.. So what’s different here!??

Hugs to all,

Breanna

Hi Breanna.Β  I think for some (many?) people, it’s perhaps the hope that some “connection” will be made that becomes more bonding, more fulfilling than just being some anonymous online contact.Β  If that “connection” turns into something more than the occasional online commenting, then they have found that gold vein in the mine.Β  If not, then they have an “online friend” but move on to other contacts and activities.

I blame it in part on today’s technology.Β  Years ago, to be a friend, you actually had to meet with some face-to-face to make that friend connection.Β  Now we are all making connections with the ease of electronic social media but it’s not true friendship in the more traditional sense.Β  There is both good and bad to this.Β  You and I are friends here but we are physically far apart, you in Arizona, me in Milwaukee.Β  The good part is that without TGH and electronic social media, most likely we would have never met.Β  But still, I’m not a “friend” that you can approach on the street to invite to your place for coffee and conversation or help out in a pinch if you need a ride to the dentist or doctor.Β  Still, I enjoy our banter here and appreciate that “friendship” we have.

I don’t know what else to say.Β  You are already making the effort to reach out to these “friender’s”.Β  Have any responded?Β  For those who have not, I agree….why do they even bother.Β  To those who have replied to you, perhaps there is a possible true friendship to build upon…that one gold nugget of a friend that you will find.Β  I wish for you many gold nuggets as you continue your life journey.

Hi Anne,

Yes, you are absolutely correct and I know I am very old fashioned when it comes to my standars, values and expectations. I was however, trying to make a point to those people whom I have never spoken too that send me friend requests without a word of introduction of reason for the request. Even after I approve their request and I message them I get nothing in return. So why the friend request?? I do have a couple girlfriends here that I have communicated with since becoming a member and they are for the most part in my age group and I value these girls, and yourself very much. My only wish is that we lived closer to one another so we could interact in person. I think the younger generation just does not have the same values we do. Thanks!

Hugs, Breanna

Breanna….I couldn’t agree with you more.Β  At risk of offending some, don’t get me going on that millennial generation.Β  As a group (yes there are exceptions), I am not aware of a more coddled, whiny group than the millennials.

Anne

I agree with Anne.Β  I do prefer the term Connect when it comes to online “friendships” as they occur today.Β  What I can say is that some of my closest friends did start from online connections.Β  It takes two people connecting and pursuing something they find in common to develop into a friendship.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?