FTM Restroom Question

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jasmine
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I don’t want to make this a political discussion but I have a need to understand this.

With all this talk about which restroom trans people should use, whether your born with female or male anatomy, it seems to focus on MTF transgender people. But FTM transgender people present male and would look more male than female. So would that mean males are using the female restroom. Upon that thought, lies my question;

FTM members: when out as your males selves, do you use the mens or womens restroom?

If you use your birth anatomy restroom, do you get told to use the mens room?

Please reply with your feelings on these questions, if post is to political, I will have to delete. If you wish to give a political reply, please send it to me in a private message. Thank you!

**HUGS**

Hi humans, I’m going to put it out there im ftm and once I changed my pronoun I changed my rest rooms up. It felt right and I never put a lot of thought into it, just walked into the men’s room and felt right at home. I continue to do this every time I’m out in public it doesn’t bother me a whole lot.

Hi Jasmine

That is a very good question. For the FtM that is not a real problem. Most men will not pay attention if look close enough to a male person and you just walk in and act you are to take a crap. MTF is a different story. You best look like a lady or very close too. Women will be more observant to there surroundings checking other women out. And most women are not that forgiving with a male in the ladies room. When I’m out I try and use a single stall potty, but does not always work. Hope this is some help.

Hugs.
      Vicki E.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

I have no percentages, but from my observations, many more trans men pass than trans women. There are so many that you would never guess were  not AMAB. I have a photo that was taken during a seminar that had cis men and women and trans men and women. I defy anyone to pick out the trans men…

Anonymous

Restrooms is a stressful thing for me at the moment – I’m MTF but I’m not out in most places yet. Recently I was at a learning residential and they had designated one of the public restroom area as a “non-gendered” restrooms with separate entrances to the urinal and stool areas. That was the only time I felt safe in a public restroom recently and I’d love to see more of it. Sometimes I use the disabled restroom, but I have a guilty conscience about that, so I avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

I wish there was a simple answer to this, but I wouldn’t pass in the Ladies at this point!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?