Gender affirmation surgery questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I’ve been looking into gender affirmation surgery for a long time and there are some questions I haven’t found an answer to, hoping you can help me out with this. Some of my questions have to do with sex and things like that, is it okay to just go ahead and ask? Thanks

Dana Munson
      SILVER

Yes!! Ask!! That’s what we’re all here for, girl!  Worst case: you get a “you need to ask your doctor” response to one of your questions. But we have ladies here in all the various stages of transitioning – a number have had their surgeries or are preparing for surgery in the near future.  There’s probably somebody here who can answer almost any question you have.  Ask away!

I am new here too. My long term relationship with cross dressing has taken a new turn. I spend all my available free time dressed as Jennifer. My wardrobe is 80% female, I only wear male clothes for work as I am not brave enough yet to live full time as woman . I want to begin feminization process to help me pass as a woman. I want to start hormone treatment but I don’t really want to take anti androgen medication due to health issue. I have been trying to find out about orchiectomy in UK and wondered if anyone has experience of this, such as doctors referral process or is it possible to have the operation abroad without going through all the requirements needed in UK ? Sorry if this is a bit long, I am new to talking about this.

Emily Alt
        UNITY

I live in the US so can’t advise about the UK healthcare system.  That said, it is medically possible to do HRT without taking an anti-androgen.  This is commonly referred to as monotherapy.  The basic idea is to take estradiol (valerate or cypionate) at a dose high enough to suppress testosterone.  Injections are the most reliable way to do this.  I inject estradiol valerate subcutaneously twice a week.  This puts my estrogen and testosterone levels firmly within female ranges.  Docs that are firmly adherent to WPATH guidelines may balk at this method.  But it does work….and avoids anti-androgen issues.  My advice would be to find an endocrinologist that specializes in treating trans patients and tell them your concerns.

Francesa,

I am in the same boat as you. I have now met all the WPATH requirements for gender affirming surgery. I meet with my surgeon next week. I was curious for anyone who has already had the surgery, what questions did you ask your surgeon (I have my own list) and are there any questions you wish you would have asked?

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Francesa:

I will say 2 things to be considered…

• Keep the discussion about sex on a more clinical level in terms of thoughts and verbiage
      • Remember that while members may offer information and discuss their experiences, be aware that as a group, we are probably not a statistically valid sampling
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?