Hair

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi
      This is my first post and I am curious.
      I have been on HRT now for about ten weeks now. I have been wearing wigs and letting my grow out at the same time. Now this is truly a first world problem, but I am 65, my hair is thinning. I have a receding hairline. I am hoping that a hair stylist will be able to do something with my hair when it is long enough. Hopefully, that will be soon. If nothing can be done I will have the hair cut and stick with wigs. Just wondering if there are other mature women out there who have faced a similar decision and what,if anything, you did about it.Thanks. I am seeking answers as I start this journey.

At 53 I decided to stop giving myself burr cuts and see what HRT would do in restoring very thin crown.Β  After 20 months I had not seen much improvement and then a cis friend who had suffered alopecia told me about light therapy she had used as a recommendation from a trichologist.Β  I could not tell she ever had thin hair.Β  She loaned me a brush like device lined with red led’s that I use for about 8 minutes every other day.Β  I’ve been using it for a little over a month now and can say the hair I did have there is now growing.Β  The vellus hairs are thickening and the scalp went from looking smooth to looking dark and raised up where I would naturally have hair except the widows peak area.Β  Here’s hoping….

Hi Jennifer,

I have used Biotin in all it’s forms, collagen and Rogaine but the best thing I found was a Scalp Massager from Amazon for under $40.00. It massages the scalp to get the blood flowing and it has both red and blue LED’s which strengthen and leave your hair shiney. It takes patience, does not happen over night, so don’t hurry.

I still have all my natural hair.Β  I’ve never owned any wigs, I’ve always had long hair.Β  I have not lost any hair due to receding either.Β  How?Β  Well, since I was young, I hated to wear hats.Β  I see a lot of people wearing a hat as a sort of ‘security blanket’, even indoors!Β  My entire family wears hats and it shows how it has affected their hair, they’re all severely balding!Β  I also learned that the scalp needs regular massaging to get blood flowing better.Β  If you wash your hair a lot, use your fingertips to massage the scalp while shampooing.

Thank you Tia. This is something l’ve been dealing with as well. I am thinking about trying this out.

Anonymous

Well, close to 9 months now CC, what’s your verdict on the light bright brush? πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?