Have you noticed….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Ladie’s,

Today, my trans girl friend and I went shopping at several different stores and we both commented on how rude and inconsiderate men are, towards woman, when out in public. And I don’t want to say every guy out there does not show woman their due respect, but I was raised to show a lady more respect than we were getting. I was taught to hold the door for a woman, allowing her to pass first or hold the chair for a woman sitting down at the table. Simple polite gestures men should show woman, the fairer sex, out of respect. Today, guys were racing thru doorways almost tripping us to get by. Not once did a man hold an entrance door for us, as we were going into the mall, but several were present. Now, I don’t want to say it’s always this bad, but I have lived everyday for over 8 months as a woman I don’t see very much chivalry between the sexes, even when it comes to dating.

So ladie’s, what has your experience been like?? Do men treat you with respect as a lady or are you holding the door as they slip thru lost in thought??

I’ve seen a mixed bag of true gentlemen to louts.

Hi Breanna,

I was taught to hold the door open for a woman and let them go through the door first. Open the car door and pull out the chair when we are at dinner. Unfortunately I haven’t been out as a woman very often so I can’t comment how I was treated. But I do notice chivalry if not completely dead is having a slow death. A lot of men I think are to self absorbed with whatever their doing to care about holding open a door open. It’s unfortunate.

Hugs,
      Angela

Hi Bre,

Sometimes I feel as you do…that not only chivalry but common decency is pretty much a thing of the past. Β  Maybe the advent of feminism years ago is partially to blame for this since women are supposed to be treated like men in the “eyes of many”.Β  Too many times, man or woman, will be right in front of me and as they open and pass through a door, they allow it to shut in my face.Β  I, on the other hand, persist in holding doors for anyone following me (if they are relatively close behind me) in hope of (re)igniting a sense of courtesy.Β  When I do this, often times they will reciprocate if it’s an entrance with a double set of doors….maybe they do this out of a sense of obligation since I opened the first set of doors.Β  Anyway, I will continue to hold doors in the hope of having a positive influence on those behind me. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Community Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?