Having image issues while transitioning

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’m a late bloomer and I’m having some image issues going on. I started my transition after I was 60 so in many ways I still see my old self and then the downward spiral in to dysphoria and depression. Am I the only one that feel this way??

Anonymous

What can I say to that? Donna, I am 65 and made my life choice back in January 2016 to live and be Sophie. Two years later I have a totally different life where I now live in a new town where all those I have met since then only know me a Sophie. I am currently the chef in restaurant for the summer season and right now waiting for a friend to arrive to tlak about her new restaurant that will open in a month or so. I understand that she wants me to cook with her after the summer. I need to see how that will work out before I commit to anything. My family are aware of my lifestyle and are mostly supportive. I see this as an oportunity to enjoy my life as I should have done so long ago. However, I have no regrets and am the happiest I have ever been. With the least amount of cash, living alone with two cats. But I have friends and a rich life in being Sophie. It has not been easy and I have needed support from friends to help me through some phases and still more to encounter. But I look at things in a positive way – the only way for me.
      Do not go down that dark path if possible and try to see your future as something to be proud of and enrich the remainder of your life. I hope you have friends and family to support you. You do need people with you on this journey which is a tough one at any age.

Very well put Sophie! I’m so looking forward to the future as I am now.Β  Donna waited a long time to come forward, she is not going away!!

I still get dysphoria, and I still get depressed but my path is clearly marked and I’m moving forward.

You know I’m here for you Donna and your wife, besides we know where each other live so don’t make me come down there more than I have too πŸ˜‰

Cloe

Anonymous

Sophie, thank you for sharing. I read your reply and sigh, wondering if such a life could ever be / will ever be mine.

For now only in my dreams.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘The Physical Transition’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?