Hello everyone!

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Cathy.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Jamie White
    Participant

Hi my name is Jamie, 32, from Virginia. I recently (2 days ago) came out as transgender to my partner and my best friends respectively and I was moved to tears (ugly tears at that) when they both said they loved me no matter what. So here I am at the very absolute beginning of my new life and I can’t be more happy! I feel more free and comfortable now than I ever have been now that my burden/ shame is no longer that, but Jamie. A confident woman who has always been inside but never allowed out until now. Anyway I hope to make new lasting friends here and I can’t wait to hear from you all!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Cathy
      FREE

Hi Jamie,

Warm welcomes to the site. Thank you for sharing your wonderful story!

-Cathy

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Jamie:

Your experience parallels many here. There is nearly always concern about the reaction of family, friends and co-workers. However, the surprise is often that the outcome is better than we thought; in many cases, MUCH better. And the thing is, those who have a bad reaction should probably never have been considered friends or family that you wanted to associate with. Anyway, I say this not to minimize the possibility of negative reactions; just to know that it isn’t as prevalent as we fear.

Please complete your Profile page when you have the opportunity. It serves as a way to help members understand you and your journey. It is also a living document in that it can be updated at any time. For the most part, our lives are not static, so being able to update the Profile page is a good thing…

Michelle Larsen
      AMBASSADOR

Jamie, it is always nice to meet someone else in Virginia. Hope you get a chance to drop by the chat rooms. They are a lot of fun, quite interesting and there is so much to learn and share. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope you see you chatting again soon. Hugs, Michelle

I just started a group for VA DC and Maryland, you should join Michelle! And thank you for the heads up I will definitely look at that thank you love!

Michelle Larsen
          AMBASSADOR

Jamie, thanks, I just joined. Let’s see; there are 152 members in Virginia, 94 in Maryland, and 10 in DC. That would be quite a group….. Hugs, Michelle

I know I was just looking at that. That’s what I want, a big group that no matter where any of us are there is someone close by. I’m a firm believer in community and family and that’s what I want to create. A family.

Hey , welcome to the site Jamie .

Terri-Alexis

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.