Hello, everyone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am quite new to this group and quite new to the idea of being transgender. At nearly 50 years of age, counselling has helped me begin to understand feelings and unhappiness that I have lived with all my life. I am not sure what it all means yet but I have come to accept that I fall under the transgender umbrella. I am looking forward to being part of this community and learning from you all.

Anonymous

Im 65 and in the same boat still trying to get some counseling

I’ve been really lucky: I’ve had some mentoring from a charity in London which saw me start to understand myself, but now counseling which has been enormously helpful. Β I know that feeling of being certain who I am for the first time in 60 years… But having no idea what happens next!

Welcome, hugs Thea

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you for your warm words, Thea. I find it crazy that I managed to not look directly at this part of me for so many years! I always knew something was there but shame and embarrassment prevented me from looking too closely. Therapy definately helps.</p>
        <p style=”text-align: left;”>Wishing you good luck for whatever does come next!</p>
        Sofie

You’re so right! My favourite female figure really should be Lois Lane! Even my wife reckoned she had known for 30odd years but had been too frightened to mention it.Β  It came as a genuine shock to me though looking back I’m amazed at the evidence I ignored. It’s lovely on a site like this to realise you aren’t the only one!

Hugs Thea xx

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Sophie:

So happy that you found us! I hope that you find being here will be very helpful.

It is a good thing that you are working with a therapist. Gender issues are very difficult to consider on our own. Our minds want to keep us safe by avoiding difficult and stressful situations. Clearly, any decisions that make about our gender identity have the potential to cause major upheavals in our lives so it is hard to think about them. What a therapist does is help keep you focused on the things that need to be considered.

Is there an LGBT center in your area? If possible I encourage you to get connected. It is a powerful thing to discover that are really are others like us that you can actually see and talk to.

You can search the member database for other members from Spain. You are one of 52 that are registered. However, probably not all of them are active on the site. To access the database, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

It would be helpful for the understanding of other members if you completed your Profile page. It will always be accessible and can be updated at any time when something changes for you.

Hi Sophie, i dont have any words for you for you have heard them all from all the ladies here. but its nice to have you here. i go to cross dressing heaven and transgender heaven to chat with all the girls and learn more about cross dressing, i have been C.Ding for many years and wife knows now and lets me dress up when no one is home. but will not help with make up or let me sit in same room.Β  i under dress a lot and the feeling of what society calls female cloths are much more better fit and feels great. hope you have a great day Lucinda

Hello Sophie,

Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

Thank you for your kind welcome, Terri Anne. Everyone has been so welcoming. Such a nice place to be!

Sophie

Hi Rikki,

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate your support. Like you, I am not really able to take the next step, mainly due to my job. I am well aware that any step toward transition would mean losing my career and starting again. I am willing to pay that price to find out who the real me is but for family reasons cannot do anything for at least 4 years! I really feel in limbo at the moment, endlessly wondering about these big questions but having no way to get an answer!

It helps to know that I am not the only one in this position. Although, it is also sad that you are suffering.

Sending you love and support.

Sofie

I did lose a job, and a career. But, I decided that it was an opportunity to retrain, get a new career, where I could work as ME, and not some guy.

I went into nursing, at the advice of a very kind volunteer coordinator, and had a happy career as a hospice nurse, took up playing the ukulele, became a Certified Music Clinician, and had a nice record of making patients and families comfortable with the death and dying process.

It got to the point where I felt that my 2nd career was more important than my 1st one, an urban agronomist and turf and tree expert. I had to work as a guy, so I never realized my full potential there.

Nursing, however, fulfilled me until my retirement 3 years ago. Now all I do is play in a band called Ladies of Uke, and teach beginners to play ukulele. Pretty cushy life!

Go for it!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?