Hello from Jecca Blac!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jecca Blac
      PROFESSIONAL

Hello!
      We are Jecca Blac, a gender free makeup brand. Jecca Blac started by offering makeup lessons to trans women and those who were discovering makeup for the first time. We were inspired by our clients to create a makeup brand that celebrates all makeup wearers.

We are hosting this forum to offer free makeup advice. If you would like bespoke one to one advice, please check out: https://jeccablac.com/pages/makeup-assistance

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Jecca, thanks for helping us out. I would be lying if I was to ever think I am any good at it. One of my problems is being 65, I need reading glasses. And where to they sit? right in front of the eyes I’m trying to put makeup on. I sure wish there was a good makeup mirror that had variable magnification. Another one is knowing what makeup best suits me. I mean, a lot of 65 year old women sure don’t have the nice smooth skin and complexion of those much younger. So, I suspect you are here at the right time for me. Hugs, Michelle

Jecca Blac
        PROFESSIONAL

Hi there!

The first thing to take into consideration for a smooth application and brighter complexion is skin prep. Did you know that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles can be exaggerated if your skin is not hydrated? To reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the skin, we recommend developing a skincare regime that ensures your skin is cleansed, exfoliated and hydrated. Removing any dead skin cells from the surface of your skin by exfoliating will not only reduce the appearance of wrinkles – it’ll also ensure a smooth, longer lasting application for your makeup and show a fresher, brighter complexion.

Once your skincare is complete, it is time to prime. In keeping with our top tip for keeping skin fresh and hydrated in order to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, we recommend using a hydrating Primer.

When it comes to building coverage for makeup wearers with fine lines and wrinkles, we strongly recommend avoiding any powders, and instead opting for cream coverage products. When using powder products for coverage, these have a mattifying effect on the skin and can create an appearance of dryness on the skin’s surface, which tends to enhance the appearance of wrinkles. Not only this, but the powder itself can settle into fine lines and wrinkles throughout its wear, which can make any signs of ageing look deeper than they actually are.

Our base products are designed to suit makeup wearers of all ages. That’s why both our Correct & Conceal Palette and our Sculpt & Soften Palette have cream formulas instead of powder formulas. Similarly, there are so many ways to get creative with playful pigments when completing your look. Our tip for avoiding mattifying, powder products is to work with creams instead. These are much gentler on the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and are ideal for makeup wearers who are showing any signs of ageing.

Our Play Pots have a smooth, silky, balmy formula which isn’t mattifying or powdery on the skin and helps provide a silky smooth touch of colour to anywhere on the face or body you want to add some colour to. Add to the eyes for a cream shadow, the lips for a lip tint, or the cheeks for a cream blush.

When it comes to becoming more confident in your makeup skills, we want to remind you that it isn’t a race! So be sure to take all the time you need to build on your skillset, enjoying the process of getting to know your face better with every application you try out and every look you get creative with.

We offer free makeup advice on our website! To begin your private consultation with our experts, submit a selfie here.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hi Jecca, welcome back!  I’m sure we have membership that would love to work with you.

Jecca Blac
        PROFESSIONAL

We’re so excited to get started! 🙂

Hi Jecca,

Any advice on minimizing/concealing the “baggage” under my eyes? I’m 75, and they’ve (sadly) become one of my most prominent facial features.

Thanks,

Jane

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Jane Scott.
        Jecca Blac
        PROFESSIONAL

Hi there,

Firstly, you should make sure that your skin, especially your under eyes are hydrated and moisturised, as this can make a huge difference to the finished result. After this, we’d recommend applying primer to your under eyes, again making sure its a moisturising primer, like our Hydrate Primer!

Then, you can apply a little bit of colour corrector onto any dark areas of the eyes, to try and cancel them out and make them look less prominent. We’d suggest sticking to cream products for this, as they tend to look more hydrating on the skin. Our Correct and Conceal Palette has a cream colour corrector that would be great for this!

You can then layer your concealer/foundation on top of this, if you wish! With this, we’d say that sometimes less is more and try and avoid build-up of product in certain areas as it can result in the makeup looking cakey. If you apply just enough to blend into your skin, you’ll be left with a flawless coverage! Then, you can set it with a tiny bit of translucent powder, just enough to set the makeup and make sure it won’t move.

I hope this helps and we do offer a free shade matching service for our products, which you can find here! 🙂

Alexis Wassermann
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Welcome Jeeca ,

I look forward to your contributions to the site . It’s great having you to be able to help out the girls

Alexis

Jecca Blac
        PROFESSIONAL

Thanks for the warm welcome! 🙂

Lauren Mugnaia
      AMBASSADOR

Hi Jecca, I recently came out at my workplace as MTF and now I am looking at a definite possibility of socially transitioning where I work. I am the supervisor for security at a government office, I’m at the front desk and in contact with staff and visitors all day.
      I work from 7am to 3pm and I need a makeup look that is convincing but also easy and relatively quick to apply. You can check out my pictures on my profile to see the look I’m familiar with but it is a more dramatic look instead of a professional daytime look that I think would be more appropriate for where I work. Can you help me out please?

Jecca Blac
        PROFESSIONAL

Hi there,

Thanks so much for getting in touch! 🙂

Through our Makeup Assistance Service, we provide you with instructions on how to re-create 3 looks; one more daytime and subtle, one more daytime glamorous and the third is a full-out glam look! These might help with how you to apply your looks to suit your needs!

You just need to send in a selfie, focused mainly on your face/jawline, with as much natural lighting as possible and preferably with no makeup on. Then, we’ll send you your free personalised makeup routine and you can also ask any additional questions that you may have! 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?