Hello from No Cal

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone. I’ve been on here just about one week so it’s time to introduce myself.

My story is very similar to many I’ve read here, and I’m surprised, and delighted, that I’m not the only one transitioning this late in life. Story is, wished and wished I’d been born a girl instead of a boy when young, went on to lifelong crossdressing, always closeted, but recently my circumstances and probably maturity made it possible to start what I thought would never happen. So thank you everyone for sharing.

Yesterday I went out for the first time in full femme. Grocery shopping in skirt, heels, full makeup (light for me) and small breast forms. Part of me was saying, keep paying attention to your walking, another part was saying “I’m really doing this,” and the other part just enjoyed the feeling of being out as a woman and not just at home. It’s a grocery store in a very progressive part of town but even so I expected some looks, but I didn’t notice any. Not the other times I’ve gone out more partially dressed either. The only comments I’ve gotten were compliments on my long cardigan and my nail polish. And it was my first time driving my stick shift car in heels.

I’ve been on HRT for about a month now with no problems. I’ve also noticed that my shopping for clothes has changed from trying to look sexy to trying to look pretty. I’m probably dressing too young, but I’m really enjoying wearing things I would have worn if I’d been a cis woman. Simple but cute, like a short denim skirt — almost mini — and pretty but also comfortable shoes.

I don’t think I would have started venturing out so soon if I hadn’t found such a large and open community, especially now in the time of COVID. So, thanks all for being here.

Welcome to Heaven, Luna.  I’m Happy you found us.  You’re already aware of the diversity of men and women here, each with differently similar stories.  Hope you will find a way to chat room, and can share more of your story with us.

Oh, yeah.   YOU GO, GIRL!

Peace and love          Carly

Hi Luna,

thank you for sharing. I’m in Oakland, here working for the next three months.  If you’re nearby and want some company when you go to the store, I’m here doing absolutely nothing during my free days.  Welcome to TGH…hugs!

Yes, Welcome to Heaven, Luna. I’m living not too far from you. I’m in Concord. 🙂 Good to hear from another woman nearby. I do hope that we can become friends. I’ve been feeling rather lonely lately, with the lockdown and all. Hopefully, I will hear from you again soon. /Charlotte hugs Luna.

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. Kelli and Charlotte, I’m in the Sacramento area and would love to get together when that is possible. I went to undergrad at Berkeley, a while ago now, but don’t make it to the bay area very often now because of work and not making time for it.

Anonymous

Hi, Luna.  Welcome.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Luna:

I think the important thing to remember is that it is a journey. As such, it takes time. There will be lots of changes and it takes a while to process them and be comfortable with them. Things just have to soak in.

You have also discovered that much of the world is either oblivious to us or they don’t want to take the energy to say something. They are quite happy to focus on their own stuff and ignore us. It helps if we go about what we are doing in a very low key, laid back way. If we are nervous and fidgety or are constantly looking around to see who is looking at us, that can attract unnecessary attention…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?