Hello from Shannon!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shannon
      FREE

Hello Everyone!  I’m new here.  I officially joined late last month, but am just now getting around to my introduction and becoming familiar with Transgender Heaven (when I get a chance).  I began taking hormones (under supervision and care of my primary care physician and also of my therapist) only recently–late last month as well.  I had some concerns about how I was feeling with the differing hormones and while my care team said it was likely my own anxiety (I am great at producing anxiety) causing what I thought were side effects, my Doctor took me off of the spironolactone for now and I am only taking a small dose of estradiol (1 mg).  The change in medication and dosage was welcome on my end.  I am nervous about this step in my life and while I thought it would be like flipping a switch once I started hormone therapy, as in, “this is so right for me”, I now wonder.  Perhaps I am more non-binary/bigender?  I know only I can answer this, but I wanted to join a group to help educate myself further.  I think the primary worry I have is how this new step in my life will affect my emotional and mental aspects and/or outlooks.  I like who I am internally, but I wish I was something else–not necessarily someone else, if that makes any sense.  So far, I am enjoying the benefits of hormone therapy, while I realize after two weeks may only be psychological:  less dysphoric mind noise, less anxiety, more feeling of rootedness and reason, possibility of reaching internal and external equilibrium.  I am completely fine with physical changes that accompany hormone therapy, but if I could get feedback on emotional and mental changes, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thank you so much for taking time to read!!!

Seren
      FREE

Hey Shannon, welcome 👋

I sympathise with you totally, I too struggle with that constant internal conflict, of not knowing who/what I am. I hope the new medication regime helps you find a better balance.
      Dm me anytime if you want to chat.

Seraphina xx

Shannon
      FREE

Thanks, Seraphina!  I am liking the new medication regime.  It is all about the balance and right now, this seems the right balance for me.  I like to start and take things slow, unless its chocolate cake.  If it’s chocolate cake, then all rules are out the window!  I look forward to future chats with you!

Peace and Happiness,

Shannon

Seren
      FREE

It just so happens that I’m waiting for the chocolate beetroot brownies to cool down………………. 🍫 🍰 💕

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?