Hello from the UK

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, just popping in to say hi.

28 from the UK waiting on the second appointment with the gender identity clinic.

Known I was trans from a young age, looking forward to finally be my authentic self.

Hello Emily

May I ask how long you’d had to wait for your first appointment? I was referred in May 2019 so guess I’ve got quite a bit longer to wait yet.

I spoke to my GP in June 2017, first appointment was August 2019. Followed up with the 2nd on October 2020, Hrt recommended at that time. Still waiting on my GPTo respond to the shared care agreement, between them and the clinic for monitoring and prescription.

Anonymous

Hi, Emily.  Welcome.

Hello Emily

Take you time.  There is no rush.  If you have gender true gender dysphoria, it will always be with you like a haunting shadow, year after year.  Taking time is recommended to avoid doing anything impulsive, for example by way of a fetish.

I have often reflected on the whole LBGT scene.  Apparently about 1% of population has gay tendencies, whereas 0.3% suffer gender dysphoria; for the UK, this means 60 million x 0.3% = 200000 people.  For 7.5 billion people in this World, it means around 25 million people (i.e. the population of Greater London).

Considerate wishes

Timiya

Anonymous

The estimated .3% of the population that is trans is much too low a number. How many of us, if in the closet would answer truthfully that we were trans. When I was in the US Navy I did not know one trans person, or so I thought. Several months ago I joined a trans military FB group and there were 3500 members. Where were they all when I was in the Navy? They were like me and in the closet.

DeeAnn Hopings
        AMBASSADOR

A study by the Williams Institute at UCLA (University of California at Los Angeles) was published in 2016 I believe. It was the largest and most thorough determination of the trans population in the US to date. They put the trans population in the US at .6% of the population. There were 4 states, and California was one, that were are about .8% and obviously others were much lower. The complete study should still be viewable on their web site.

If you use 327,000,000 people total for the US population, that is about 2,000,000 trans people in the US.

Here in California the total population is about 40,000,000 which is about 320,000 trans people.

I live in Southern California in the Coachella Valley. It is made up on 9 contiguous towns: Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, etc. with a total population of about 350,000 people. The trans population is about 2,800.

Hello Emily

Take you time.  There is no rush.  If you have true gender dysphoria, it will always be with you like a haunting shadow, year after year.  Taking time is recommended to avoid doing anything impulsive, for example by way of a fetish.

I have often reflected on the whole LBGT scene.  Apparently about 1% of population has gay tendencies, whereas 0.3% suffer gender dysphoria; for the UK, this means 60 million x 0.3% = 200000 people.  For 7.5 billion people in this World, it means around 25 million people (i.e. the population of Greater London).

Considerate wishes

Timiya

Anonymous

Oh! Sorry Emily. Welcome and we are glad you have joined the site.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?