Hello, I’m Kara.

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Kara
    Participant

I’m Kara. Just saying that is amazing. This is all so new and wonderful. All my life I’ve felt I was really a woman trapped in a mans body. I’ve always been ashamed and tried to suppress and hide it. I’ve never told anyone, not even online, but now I’m ready to make a start and accept who I am. My names Kara and I am a woman. 🙂

I’m new to the transgendered world, I’ve never looked into it because I was ashamed of who I am. I don’t know what to do or where to start but the seems like a nice site to learn about everything.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terri Anne
      AMBASSADOR

Hi Kara,

You are indeed in the right place….  IMHO
      Welcome to our wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and yourself.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Feel free to ask questions and we certanly love to hear your experiances and life’s knowledge as well.
      Enjoy the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      Enjoy all the site has to offer,

Terri Anne

2 users thanked author for this post.

Kara:

Glad that you dropped in! I think this site will be everything that you hope for.

As we begin to come out to ourselves and then to others, something shifts. Doing these things is part of the unburdening process. It represents “stuff” that we don’t have to carry around anymore. Each time that it happens, the load gets lighter and lighter. You mentioned “accepting yourself”. This is such an important part of the journey. If we can’t realize and admit to ourselves who we really are, why should anyone else respect that?

Many here have had very positive experiences from working with a therapist. However, there is a caveat here and that is finding a therapist with experience in gender issues. There are many good therapists, but not everyone has this particular interest and experience. A good one won’t tell you what to do, but they will help you figure out what’s important to you and what you think. The problem is that often when we have a very difficult decision to think about, our minds will work to try to reduce the stress and potential upheaval by diverting our attention. A therapist will help maintain that focus.

Thanks for working on your Profile page as it really does have significance. It can inform people of your journey; where you are, how it’s going and where you may struggle. It is always helpful to be thorough.

You can also search for others who may be in your area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

((((((((((((( hug )))))))))))))

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Kara:

Glad that you dropped in! I think this site will be everything that you hope for.

As we begin to come out to ourselves and then to others, something shifts. Doing these things is part of the unburdening process. It represents “stuff” that we don’t have to carry around anymore. Each time that it happens, the load gets lighter and lighter. You mentioned “accepting yourself”. This is such an important part of the journey. If we can’t realize and admit to ourselves who we really are, why should anyone else respect that?

Many here have had very positive experiences from working with a therapist. However, there is a caveat here and that is finding a therapist with experience in gender issues. There are many good therapists, but not everyone has this particular interest and experience. A good one won’t tell you what to do, but they will help you figure out what’s important to you and what you think. The problem is that often when we have a very difficult decision to think about, our minds will work to try to reduce the stress and potential upheaval by diverting our attention. A therapist will help maintain that focus.

Thanks for working on your Profile page as it really does have significance. It can inform people of your journey; where you are, how it’s going and where you may struggle. It is always helpful to be thorough.

You can also search for others who may be in your area by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Hi Kara, my name is Annie and welcome. I’m also new to this site and as stats seem the standard I’m proud to say I’m 67 and 18 months on HRT. Out and proud and finally starting to love myself. Really. 🌹🏳️‍⚧️🌹

4 users thanked author for this post.

Hi Kara, I’m new to this site myself. I’ve been out 4yrs and counting…… Welcome, Amara

1 user thanked author for this post.

(((((((( hug 🫂)))))))))))))). I don’t think I can help you but if you need a friend i oils love to be your friend!

Vanessa Law
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Welcome Kara! I’m glad you’re here hon! We’ve got a wonderful team of Ambassadors, and a vibrant community to help support you!

Hugs,

Vanessa

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa | Affiliate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.