Hello, I’m Nadja

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, I am Nadja a 47 year old Trans woman.  I am just starting my transition journey now.  (better late than never). I just came out to all of my family this last week and it actually went well.  I have my appointments to start HRT, but I am truly lost on a lot of the basics of being a woman, and I am trying to learn. I look forward to getting to know y’all

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Nadia:

Glad that you wandered in! MANY members have been where you are now. It does take time and fair amount of effort, but you can get there, as many can attest. I’m glad to see that you use the word “journey”. It is a marathon and not a sprint. There are some aspects that are not to be rushed.

From my perspective, I think we need a bit of time to settle into what all this means. We’re trading one set of societally driven norms, behaviors, etc. for a new set. Even for those folks who say that they have known all their lives that they are really female, we must remember that they have been surrounded by a world with a very different set of expectations, so there are still things to be disconnected from and new things learned. One very significant thing to be disconnected from is the idea of male privilege. Women have had to deal with this, work through or around it since the beginning of time. So, what falls to us trans women is to learn to do the same, among many other things.

Folks at TGH have a lot of lived experience related to transition, medical issues, family issues and how various support services have worked out for them. One thing that we don’t have here on TGH is a specific fashion and makeup forum. However, CDH does.

I see that you are from New York State. I lived in Corning, NY for 23 years before retiring and moving to the SoCal desert 5 years ago. I have had arthritis since I was a child and don’t miss ice and snow!

I encourage you to complete your Profile page as best you can. It is a great help for people to get to know you, how things are going and what you may be struggling with.

Hi Nadja!

How’s things? Nadja sounds Arabic, but may be wrong – my wife is Egyptian though. We are in Latvia, so much ice and snow Grrrrrr……..

SoCal souds better on that score…. Don’t be a stranger and have an open ear always

Aija! xxxxxx

Anonymous

Hello, Nadja.  Welcome to TGH.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?