Hello there everybody.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I just joined transgenderheaven. I am still learning how this works, so please forgive any mistakes I may make. I hope that I will be able to get to know some of you and make some friends here. 🙂

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Good!

Sometimes we land exactly where we are supposed to be. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Don’t be afraid to tap into it!

Hi, Charlotte! (I love that name btw)…it’s nice to have you with us! TGH is a wonderful place to make friends and share out triumphs (and lessons…lol!) with one another.

Hugs, Shawna

Anonymous

Hi, there,

Welcome.

Girls with that name are always beuatiful. Fact!

Anonymous

Hello Charlotte, welcome. It is good to have you here. I lived in Alameda 30 years ago and really enjoyed the area.

Hey there, Jamie. It’s good to hear from a former Californian. I do hope we can become friends. 🙂 I hope to hear from you again soon.

Anonymous

I was in the Navy of course. I lived in El Cajon, Chula Vista, San Pedro and Alameda all in a matter of 4 years. I think San Pedro was the best because after a hot day in the Long Beach Naval Shipyard it would be 70 degrees there. And it was a short 10 mile bike ride to get to the boardwalk in Redondo Beach and I could look upon all of the suntanned beauties on the beach and wish that was me.

Since the Navy, I also had a job as a contract IT engineer for the Immigration service and I went all over the state; Fresno, San Bernardino, San Francisco, Los Angeles and more.

I think the strangest city was Fresno. It seemed that the city and people could not decide if they were part of California or of the west. And San Bernardino was the saddest since the city was bankrupt.

I guess most of all I loved hiking in the mountains. So much to do in California, especially after growing up in boring Texas. 🙂

Well, I’d have to say that my favorite place to be in California was San Diego. My family didn’t stay there long, only about 2 years. Yet the temperature always seemed comfortable, the city of San Diego was beautiful, and the seafood and Mexican food there was delicious. However, my dad was in the Coast Guard and this meant that every 2 or 3 years my family moved to some other part of the country usually it seemed to be on the opposite coast from where we were. I think we moved to Maine if I remember correctly. Anyway, when we found ourselves in Concord, CA. in 1984, my dad decided to retire and we’ve lived here ever since. And though it isn’t San Diego, we fell in love with the area.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

As a California transplant it’s always good to hear nice things about the state. We’re just shy of 5 years in Cathedral City. I THINK that I’m thawed out by now but you never know!

I also really like San Diego. I first visited there in 1988 when I was in town to deliver a paper at a conference. My 1st wife and I arrived 3 days or so early and had a grand time. I was doing discrete event simulation work at the time and tried for 6 or 8 months to find a job there. I even subscribed to the Sunday edition of the local newspaper for several months. I did find a few, but the salary would only cover about half the difference in the cost of living between Toledo, OH and San Diego. Sadly, that was not going to work.

So far I’m enjoying our experience in Cathedral City. I’ve met a number of good and interesting people here in The Valley. Here I am DeeAnn. Very few have ever met Don. For various groups of which I am a member, I am listed as DeeAnn. Likewise for the city commission on which I serve. I am not hiding Don or pretend that he doesn’t exist. As a matter of fact, I do sometimes do errands without being dressed, but that is due to expedience. Why take over an hour to get dressed and do makeup for an errand that lasts for less than 30 minutes?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?