Help !!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have finally decided it’s time to do something about my life I can’t keep Danii hidden anymore. Where do I start ? Do I see my doctor first and tell him/her I am transsexual please any advice would be helpful thx Danii xx

Hi Danii, looks like you are in the UK. Patience…is what you are going to need more than anything. Referrals on the NHS are very slow. Months or years before an appointment. I’m only saying this to prepare you not to in anyway to put you off. You will be required to have lived as a woman for some time…so if possible start now. Doctors are looking for you to appear as if you mean it. Wearing make-up lipstick and woman’s clothes to your doctors appointment is wise. Your choice…I’m just saying. Others here will give you their views I’m sure.
      Alex x

Thx Alex I’ve been dressing as Danni for quite a while now so that shouldn’t be a problem, I know it’s not gonna happen overnight but I need to do something

Yes of course, I do understand. If you are prepared you are on your way hopefully. Alex x

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Danii:

Many here have found that working with a therapist is very helpful. There are some difficult questions that need to be addressed and they are usually accompanied by a lot of fear and worry. That often leads us to not put much conscious thought into what needs to be considered. A therapist won’t solve your issues for you, but they will help you work through them and keep things in the proper perspective. However, it is important to find a therapist who has experience with gender issues. That is key because everyone does not have that experience or interest.

We have a large contingent of members here from the UK. You can search for them by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory. You can probably find other members who are willing share their experiences with navigating your health care system.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Advice for Transitioning’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?