Hey there

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all, I’m Elliot, I guess recently I had a revelation in therapy that I wasn’t happy with certain things in my life. This lead to me to where I am now. Struggling with my gender identity. I think and I don’t know how to word this I am trans … I feel so at home with my new name and thinking of the future and how things could feel so much safer and comfortable for me. One positive I’ll share here is that with my new name and hiding certain body parts I feel so at home… I no longer feel overwhelmingly anxious when i go out I almost feel dare i say it, confident.
      The negatives I guess is my family wouldn’t accept it with conservative views and that’s really upsetting to have to hide this ‘new me’ that I love.
      My mother is coming to visit next week and I guess i have to put Elliot in a box and lock them away somewhere. I just don’t know how I’ll cope.
      I hope it is okay that I’ve shared and that you are all well..
      If i have shared in the wrong place please let me know!
      Thank you all for letting me talk.

Elliot.

Hello Elliot….Welcome to TGH..
      This is a Safe Place to Be Your True Self… and to make Wonderful Friends who Understand and are willing to Help… and Answer Questions…About this Wonderful Journey.. that We…All are ON..
      TO BE OUR TRUE SELF’S…So if I can Help.. In any way… Just send Me a Message…And We can Be Friends…
      Hope to Talk to You Soon…
      With Love Jessica 💕

RogueX111
      FREE

Hey there Elliot, that’s great that you found the real you! It’s definitely a hard feeling, to know the family that once loved you now turn away. Just because you have a new name and wear clothes that fit you, it doesn’t change the “you” you have always been. It’s great that your going through therapy, it will help. And I wish you the best!!

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Elliot:

No problem with what you said. As it says, this part of the forum is for Introductions and New Members. Glad to have you with us and feel free to share your story.

You Profile page is also a place to record certain bits of information, but they are not interchangeable. For the entries in forums, a certain amount of give and take is expected. The Profile page is more of a repository for information. It will always be readily accessible and can be updated at any time. All regular threads will eventually get archived as time passes. They are not deleted, as I understand, but it does require searching in order to find them. On the other hand, the Profile page captures some basic information about you.

Asyou might expect, isolation is a big problem in the trans community. Is there a trans community, and if so, have you been able to make contact? I don’t know about the UK, but here in the US many LGBT organizations have been holding support groups and social gatherings on line. That can help take some of the sting out of distance and transportation issues.

If you would like to see if there are other members near you, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

Brielle
      FREE

Hi Elliot, I am a transwoman just going through HRT now. I understand well how you wish to express the authentic side of “you”. I now feel like I was crossdressing all of my life to present as the male I appeared to be at birth.

I am moving in to my own place (my wife hsa also) after 41 years of being in a relationship and marriage. It has been incredibly stressful, but today for the first time in weeks, I am fully dressed as the woman I truly am. It feels so relaxing! All the angst and resentment at the moving process (her idae, not mine, but not just b/c of the transgender issue either) has just melted away. My new place still looks like a hoarder’s place as I try to clean and put things in their place, but I am happy that I can express myself as I really am without feeling like I’m making someone else uncomfortable.

You’ve joined the best TG and CD site around, and you absolutely picked the right place to introduce yourself. Ihope things go well with you and you can have the courage to come out to your loved ones, but only when you are ready! It only took me about 60 years to get that courage, BTW (giggle).

Hugs,

Brie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?