Hi 🙋‍♀️ I’m Charlie

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all! It’s a pleasure to be here! I’m a 47 year old non-binary trans person. I identify as feminine. Happy to be here!

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Charlie, welcome to our neck of the world. I do hope you are getting situated and seeing all there is here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Either I, or someone else, will make sure we reply back. I do so hope you will join us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

Hi Charlie…

Nice to meet you and Welcome to TGH…

Gen ❤

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Charlie:

Glad you found us! I also identify as transgender, non-binary and I present as feminine probably at least 95% of the time. Last time I presented as male was about 5 weeks ago when my wife and I got our final vaccinations. I didn’t want anyone to get confused about who I was and cause me to miss my shot. As we know, people can (and do) Get Stuck On Stupid so my counter is to not let the situation get to that.

Anyway, there’s a very broad range of people and experiences here. Some may be a bit quieter than others, but one of the major reasons that we are all here is the sense of community and how that works against isolation.

However, I will ask you to complete your Profile page. It will always remain in place and you can update it at any time if something changes. It really helps other members to understand what is going on for you.

Computer Science person? Cool! I’m a retired mechanical engineer, but I did computer programming and discrete event simulation for 6 years of my 43 year career. 6 years ago I built my first Hackintosh and rebuilt it with current parts at the beginning of this year. And yes, I am ancient. We had to punch Hollerith cards for our programs when I was in college! Had to have been a in a galaxy far, far away…

So, I hope that being here will be a good experience for you!

Hi DeeAnn! This really is the friendliest group of people and what I would consider the best transgender community website around. I joined about 3 years ago but have just been very busy and wanted to update my profile and try to keep in better touch with the community here. I have been working professionally in computer science in one form or another for over 20 years, but my passion has always been electronics since I was a child of around 6 tinkering with the lovely radio shack kits with my dad from the late 70s through the 80s and getting my first computer at nine years of age, in 1982 or 3. A TI-99/4a! You had to program whatever you wanted to do, yourself, and without readily available websites you had to ask the right people at the store how to connect to that speech synthesizer. In my day… hahaha 🤣. Seriously though, wow I totally had a class or two that dealt with discrete event simulation and that is such a mountain of material! Oh my goodness. So I also have taught at a university for 7 years, built an autonomous vehicle Cajun Bot, leading a team of bright students and faculty, and currently I love working remotely for my latest job outside academia as a senior Ruby on Rails developer. I just love those Ruby slippers lol. Anyway, I’m sure we will have a lot to talk about and thank you and the others for reaching out, and I appreciate hearing about your background. So interesting!!!
        Hugs ❤️

Charles/Charlie/Cyndi/Cynthia/Dr. Cavanaugh — I’ve gone by all of them both professionally and personally. They/them or really any pronoun is ok, depending on the situation

Cheers!

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

There is a parallel here. You started to program and I was in our basement taking apart a 3-speed manual transmission from a ‘39 LaSalle. Made a lot more sense to me than thinking about what electrons were up to!?!?

We used simulation for studying manufacturing process lines. We would look for bottlenecks in the system and work to verify that the desired throughput rates were achieved. If not, we would strategize on how to fix the problem and make changes to the model. In the beginning we used the original GPSS and later moved on to GPSS/H and AutoMod.

But, over 43 years, this was just one of 6 or 7 sub-careers. Tempus Fugit…

Anonymous

Welcome Charlie !  Nice to have here .

Alexis

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?