- May 3, 2021 at 5:19 pm #101340
- May 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm #101408
I guess I’m old hardened Trans at 63 and have a thick skin looking after myself for decades and know too well all the issues being a bit different from the normies in this world – I apologize !
- May 4, 2021 at 9:20 am #101389
- May 4, 2021 at 12:37 pm #101407
Pllease be sensitive to the language used in referring to others. While the term “kid” may have no intended untoward meaning for you, it can be interpreted as an invalidation. Please send a private message if you wish to discuss this further.
- May 4, 2021 at 12:31 pm #101405Anonymous
Not a kid. Kindly stop offending me and calling me a kid.
- May 4, 2021 at 9:00 am #101388
https://open.spotify.com/album/6JjahSxJ7dkWPFmvaRaX87 – Be happy and free Kid – XO – Krystal
- May 4, 2021 at 8:49 am #101385
Aww ! little one ! I’m old female Trans – all will be ok – don’t forget that this is a second puberty and is just like any 10 year old CIS girl if you’ve started on HRT and that the basic transition takes 4 1/2 years of estradiol and full embodiment of your physical body around in your early 20’s , it takes many years – it’s slow and the brain adjusts to a new dominant hormone and you will experience many ups and downs along the way with psychological acceptance of family and strangers wondering WTF is going on and why are you doing this , just be cool and relax kiddo – be your self and ” F ” the world – XO – Krystal
- May 4, 2021 at 12:41 am #101373
You found us! That’s a good thing!
This site exists to provide peer support and to prevent isolation; 2 things that many trans people really need.
I don’t know what your situation is, but many here have seen benefits from working with a therapist. But, the important thing is to find someone who is experienced in gender issues. That makes all the difference in the world.
It would be helpful if you completed your Profile page. It allows other members to get a sense of how things are going and how you are doing. This thread will eventually wind up at the bottom of the pile, but your Profile page will always be accessible and you can update it at any time.
If you would like to search for other members in your area, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory…
- May 5, 2021 at 6:18 pm #101528Anonymous
Still looking for a therapist – emailed couple its funny when I told one of them on the phone I am broke she was like well thats my rate and hung up
- May 5, 2021 at 6:38 pm #101530
Yes, I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately these are also hard times for therapists as many have been unable to work with patients, or a reduced number, for some time.
I don’t know exactly where you are in Ontario, but 2 things come to mind:
- Do a search for any LGBT resources in your area. Some LGBT organizations/centers offer therapy services. Some may be free and others on a sliding scale fee arrangement
- Psychology Today magazine has a database of therapists on their web site. There is a globe icon to the upper right. If yours does not say “CA” next to it, click on it and select Canada before doing your search
- May 3, 2021 at 5:42 pm #101341Gräfin Aija PinceCHAT CREW
Don’t be depressed… please… life is too short… it can all be rationalised and worked out some way honey! xxxx
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.