Hi all!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Becca G
      FREE

My name is Becca. I’m a 35-year-old trans lady who lives in Oregon (USA). I just came across this forum through a Google search, and I thought all the posters seemed like very lovely, sweet people so I decided to give it a go and sign up myself! πŸ™‚

A bit about me.Β  I work as an in-home caregiver for folks with disabilities. I have a wonderful partner named Marge, and we have been together for coming up on seven years! I enjoy running, meditation, science fiction, and listening to and composing electronic dance music–especially deep, melodic progressive house (if that means anything to you, lol)

I suppose I have two main reasons I’m interested in posting here. One is that I’ve noticed a lot of folks here have recently decided to transition and are looking for guidance and information about transition resources. Now I’m far from an expert on this stuff, but I have gone through a lot of the rigamarole and would like to be of help to people who are looking for it. I’m post-op, 7+ years on HRT, have changed all my legal documents, have experience with laser hair removal and electrolysis, have dealt with struggles and triumphs related to being openly trans female at work, with family members, in the dating world, in public restrooms, and so on. So please feel free to approach me if you have any questions regarding transition that you think I might be able help you with! πŸ’œ

My other reason for wanting to post here is a bit different. Despite the fact that I’ve been very fortunate in attaining so many of my desired milestones, and despite being quite content with my life overall, I still sometimes struggle with a lot of intense self-hatred and dysphoria. Some days I really do despise myself for being a trans woman. This forum seems like a very positive space, and it seems like folks have a very positive attitude about being trans here, and I hope that some of this might rub off on me. Also, while I have a few wonderful friends in my life. . .I still often get lonely and don’t have as many friends as I would like.

Anyway, sorry for this long-winded post but yeah, that’s me in a nutshell! I’m looking forward to meeting you all, and I hope you are having a lovely holiday season! πŸ˜€

Hi Becca!Β  A warm welcome to TGH!Β  Glad that you found us and have seen that we are about being positive and supportive here.Β  That said, thank you for writing your intro post. I am one of our members still figuring things out and always glad to hear experiences from our community.

Michelle

Hi Becca. Welcome I am always so impressed with those who who dealt with our issue youngerΒ  in their life. I denied and shamed myself for the way I thought my whole life. I am regretting now. I am not sure what happened to us or when it happened I do know it was nor right. I am so grateful I found this community and I know you will be too. This is a time of year to be grateful for all that we have . You are so fortunate that you made very difficult decisions early in life. I can not speak for anyone other than myself. I do not like being a trans woman but I am grateful for at leas finally understanding who and what I am.Β  I am just beginning my transition and look forward to your words of experience and wisdom. Luv Stephanie

Welcome to TGH Becca!Β  I’m a proud trans woman and had no problem being out at my last workplace.Β  But, lately I’ve been having so many conversations where it’s clear the other person has no clue.Β  Β So I’ve decided to just let it flow wherever it may at the next job.Β  Yet there are still transition goals I have not completed and those give me some dysphoria, but all in all I am a much happier person after 30 yrs of repressing who I am.

Hugs,
      Cloe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?