Hi Everyone !!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cloe (CC) Webb 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Brenda Leigh
    Participant

Hi Girls,

My name is Brenda and I’m a M to F Trans girl who has recently started my journey at 58 yrs of age!! I am presently in therapy, living as a woman, (must still work as a male, make too much $$ to quit now but I am working on this issue). I have contacted several surgeons in Thailand and one in Arizona but I have not yet decided on which one to use. One thing I know for sure, I will be making the trip to Thailand due to the cost difference, I will be paying out of pocket. I am a transplant from CDH, and I’ve been a member there since ? November 2018.

I’m sure I will have a million questions as time goes on and if I can ever do anything to help someone, a shoulder to cry on or you just want to chat, My door is always open so please don’t  hesitate to ask !! I’m a very sensitive and compassionate girl and I do love to talk! Unfortunately, I do work a lot and I don’t get on-line as much as I like, but such is life!!?

Hugs, Brenda Leigh

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
     Cloe (CC) Webb 
    Managing Ambassador

MANAGING AMBASSADOR

My door is open too Brenda.  I find myself stuck at the moment trying  to fix some life issue before moving forward with my need to have surgery.  I’ll be listening intently as I’m sure others will to your journey, trials, victories choices and decisions.

Hugs, Ambassador Cloe

Bananarama 
    Participant

FREE

Hiya Brenda,

Welcome to TGH. Note there are guys here as well, not just us girls (meh – men!).

I too am 58, but I’m curious as to why you’re not taking the insurance route? You mentioned one of your choices was a surgeon in AZ – would that be Dr. Meltzer or his associate Dr. Ley? Out of pocket expenses certainly make Thailand an attractive choice (I have several friends that have taken that route), but Meltzer and Ley are leaders in their field.

At any rate, I’m glad you’re here and wish you all the best on your journey.

Hugs, peace and much love,
    MJ

Brenda Leigh 
      Participant

FREE

Hi Hon,

I spoke with Dr Meltzer’s office and I don’t have health insurance. Huge difference in costs from the state’s and Thailand, and the top 6 doctors in Thailand get excellent reviews, even from Drs here in the states. I know two girls that had their surgeries done overseas and both are very happy with their choice. I have only been researching this for a couple weeks on & off while taking care of a household, but it looks like the only way I can afford to get it done, unless someone knows something I don’t??

Bananarama 
        Participant

FREE

Hi Brenda,

I was able to use Covered California in obtaining insurance through Kaiser Permanente. I believe most states have similar exchanges that you might consider looking into for help in obtaining health insurance based on current ACA laws (I’ve seen plans as low as $1 per month in California, albeit with a slightly higher copay).

However, Thailand has some excellent surgeons and has long been a popular destination for those seeking GCS (India is another popular option). Everyone has their own criteria for what is and isn’t acceptable, but you could hardly go wrong by having your surgery there. Nevertheless, there are downsides to traveling overseas to have GCS, one being revisions and another being accountability. This doesn’t necessarily make Thailand (or any country for that matter) a poor choice, but you need to keep in mind all possible outcomes, weigh the risks associated with doing so, what’s both convenient in the short and long term, as well as the immediacy of the procedure(s) sought. All this is beyond just what your pocketbook can bear.

Whichever you choose, I’m sure you’ll make the right decision based on your continued research and wish you all the best. Please keep us posted.

Hugs, peace and much love,
        MJ

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account