Hi from me

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, my name is Joanne and I am from the UK. I joined this site yesterday and look forward to making new friends x

Hello Joanne,

Welcome to our TransgGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======= Here is a link to the MtoF Chat room: ========
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Brielle
      FREE

Hi Joanne, you look so pretty in your profile avitar! Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of support and love here. Enjoy!

Brielle

Anonymous

Hi Joanne. So proud of you, you look amazing. so encouraging

Consider yourself to have just made a new friend Joanne. Welcome. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™†โ€โ™€๏ธ

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Joanne:

Glad to have you with us. I am always saddened and somewhat frustrated when people transition and leave the community. Many thanks to you for sticking with us!

So, to exercise that experience, what piece of advice would you pass along to those who are in the process of sorting out their gender identity and to those who are in the process of transitioning?

Thanks for doing your Profile page! Remember that you can update it at any time if you need to.

Welcome Home!

Hi,

I think when people finish transitioning they just want to focus on getting on with the rest of their lives. I know from my experience, all of the people that I went through transition with have moved on and we no longer keep in touch. However, I know they would always be there for me if I ever needed help. Having people around you in the early days is important and I found the online community really supportive.

It takes time to transition. I see so many people rushing to get everything done as quickly as possible and I was also like that in the beginning. I would say take your time and enjoy the process of becoming the real you. Itโ€™s a once in a lifetime experience and when I look back I actually miss the transition process. ย There are always going to be some bumps on the way but be patient because itโ€™s not a sprint to the finish. Allow the hormones to do their work and your mind to adjust to what is happening.

x

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

From my observation, and anecdotally, when people leave, they tend to stay gone. They give little or nothing back in spite of the support that they received from the community. What is lost is the fact that moving forward as a community takes every voice that we can muster.

It also doesnโ€™t help our public perception. What tends to stick in peopleโ€™s minds are the folks who are in trouble and have to do illegal things like sex work to survive or Caitlyn Jenner. Both are distortions of the reality. There are a number of trans folks who are doing OK. Clearly not as many as there should be, but the world seems to cling to the sensational, regardless of how it may leave a lot to be desired statistically.

I retired nearly 6 years ago and moved to the desert. I hold offices in 5 organizations and am a member of 3 others. I have no desire to put the effort into legally changing my name, but DeeAnn is the person of record in all cases. Being visible and being part of the community has value to me, so thatโ€™s why I do what I do.

I agree with you completely about haste. I have often reminded folks that it is not a sprint. It is a marathon. Further, some things just need time to settle in. Like tea, it needs to steep. I also remind people to periodically stop and look at what has been accomplished. It can be 3 months, 6 months or whatever. When weโ€™re in the middle of โ€œstuffโ€ it is hard to get a sense of the progress that has been made. Similarly, with our kids, we donโ€™t notice their day to day growth. However, it becomes very obvious to someone how hasnโ€™t seen them for a while. Having a sense of progress fuels us.

I appreciate your wisdom and I think others will alsoโ€ฆ

Hi Joanne,
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>it’s nice to meet you sweetie:)ย  and welcome!ย  If you would like to make friends well I’m available:)ย  I am also looking to meet friendly people on here.ย  Plz feel free to contact me at your convenience and I look forward to hearing from you.</p>
      Warmly,ย  Lexie๐Ÿ’œ

Hi Rikki, what makes you like the UK?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

ยฉ2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?