Hi I am Leslie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am 75 years old and just starting out on my journey. I have been living more and more of my life in female mode. (I am lucky my wife and daughter are both supportive of my lifestyle changes so far.) I am transgender mtf. As I become more aware of my current life choices, I become more aware of how far back my feelings go. I am beginning to want to start GAHT. I have searched online trying to find someone/someplace locally but I have also been looking online. I have learned also that Planned Parenthood offer services I don’t like some of their language but it may just be old site. I also found a site Plume which talks a good talk. Anyone have any experience with either of them?

Hello Leslie my dear.Β  Β Just beginning your journey at 75 is interesting in deed.Β  Im 70 but began my journey many many years ago.Β  I am so happy your finding support for your dressing from your family.Β  I had that support early in life.Β  MY first wife knew and was supportive and took and active part in my getting and being femme.Β  Sadly I lost her to cancer after a beautiful 20 years of marriage.Β  Β It is so very dfficult to find some one who understands . Since my first wife’s passing i have not been able to find any one supportive as she was.Β  If i get close to some one and tell them they are gone in a NY minute.Β  So like so many of us i have to be closeted.Β  Β WE are here to help and support you.Β  Do not hesitate to call on any one here for support or advise.Β  Β We are all one big family.Β  Β Hugs to you

Elayne Edwards

We were married 25 years when I came out, so she handled it well. She has been a help in my dressing (even if we have rather different taste). I am rather girly but she is more a asexual dresser. I am the lipstick girl and she is more the masculine one when we go out, I wonder what people make of us.

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Leslie:

Happy that you found us!

In reading your message, this saying come to mind: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”.

Typically taking that single step is the hardest and nothing happens without it. Best Wishes moving forward!

So, a couple of things…

Thanks for completing your Profile page. Many forget to do that, but it does help people understand how things sit for you. Remember that it will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

Also, if you would like to search for other members, click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory

Thanks DeeAnn for the kind words! Unfortunately I just tried the member directory and it seem that aside from myself there are only like two other people that are currently active that admit being from Missouri and neither of them are from my area. So I seem to be on my own. But I am sure that I will get lots of good information here.
        I am looking into hormone therapy as Β a first step, just trying to find a provider. Not having a lot of luck so far. But my daughter tells me that I suck at searching online. I would like to get breast enhancement down the road depending on what the hormones do, I am a respectable A cup now so I don’t want to go much bigger than that maybe a large B. Anyway something proportionate for my body size.

DeeAnn Hopings
          AMBASSADOR

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised. St. Louis is a significant metropolitan area, so I would expect some presence. However, I guess I have to factor in that it is Missouri. Anyway, it may be useful to get a few pointers from your daughter.

I used this as a search string:

transgender resources st louis missouri

Have a look at the results. Some may mention resources for parents and kids, but mixed in may be things for adults…

Hi Leslie,

Welcome to our Wonderful, Accepting, Loving, Helpful Community where you can be safe and be yourself.
      The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.
      You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.

Glad you are here. Looking forward to more sharing,
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

======== TGH Membership PLANS ===================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/choose-your-plan/#link_acc-1-3-d

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?