Hi! I’m Archie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I’m Archie, and I’m only recently discovered that I identify as transmasculine this past March 2023. I feel rather isolated, I don’t know any other trans people IRL. I follow a lot of trans comics and trans youtubers, but I’m not out online (until just now) or to anyone IRL besides my mother and sister.

I’m hoping to make connections with other trans people, and get support and friendships. I’m about to start a grad program, but its difficult to concentrate when I’m in so much emotional and mental upheaval.

I hope this place is not only heaven, but a haven as well.

Good luck, Archie. Please do make as certain as you can this is what your spirit desires.  In my case I had to speak to a therapist, not because someone was making me, but because I needed to assure myself I wasn’t crazy.

I must tell you I don’t consider myself trans as I feel my spirit doesn’t give a hoot what anatomic vessel it’s in. But I started with male anatomy and now I have an “inny.” Due to how our society works, and it has for a very long time, I crave presenting in female attire however you may define it. For myself, I don’t think I’ve ever been happier. The bummer still is difficulty with acceptance, but I try to remember we as a collective group, are not your average bears. We don’t want to fit into a defined societal mode. We want to let our spirits fully express themselves.

JAKe/Jeri

Thank you very much for responding to me, and your kind encouragement. I’m scrambled eggs. I do every day consider my thoughts, my feelings, and I think deeply, and question everything. I wake up nauseous. I ask myself all day what will make me happier. I do have therapist, and spoke to mine yesterday, and it was at her suggestion that I ended up finding Transgender Heaven. Again, thank you for replying to me. I hope to continue to find and make connections here, and build bonds…

Welcome, Archie, to a great support site for trans people.  I am glad you reached out for help and support.   I encourage you to explore TGH and gain what info you can from articles, the forum, and local places.  We have a chat room specifically for trans masculine folks, and I hope you take advantage of it and the rest of the site.

While most of the folks here are transitioning to womanhood, we do have some very active FTM members.   Keith is a moderator, and is available in the main chat and FTM chat.  Many people here are willing to listen and offer assistance, info, and guidance.   Be sure to check the Local Places tab for locations near you.

Again, welcome to Heaven.   I trust you will find it rewarding.

Carly

Tank you so much. I checked the social for member directory and there is no one active in my area. So I’ll definitely utilize the chat function, and focus on finding that support online. I’ll look at Local Places tab as well. Thank you for welcoming me, and I hope it’ll be rewarding. So far it already is.

Hello Archie,

Welcome to our TransGender Heaven (TGH) site: A Transgender Support Site. We are a wonderful, accepting, loving, helpful community where you can be safe and be yourself.

You can read about the knowledge and experiances of others on a similar path by reading articles and in the forums and chatting in chat rooms.
      My hope is that you will become comfortable here and make many new friends.
      Glad you are here. Looking forward to seeing you on the site.
      Terri Anne, Ambassador

============ TGH MtF ChatRoom ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/chat/mtf-transgender-chat/

=========== TGH How-to Navigation ============================
      https://transgenderheaven.com/forums/topic/member-howto-for-navigating-the-tgh-website/

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Archie:

Glad that you found us! I hope that being here will be helpful for your journey. Know that journey is an important word as this is not a sprint. It is a marathon. Haste is not our friend.

Being a non-binary trans woman, I think it would be inappropriate for me to comment at any depth on trans masculine issues, but there are a few things.

From everything that I have seen, there are parallels in the coming out process. If you would like to discuss that further, let me know.

I see that you are not that far from Atlanta. I don’t know what you time and transportation situation is, but isolation is a thorn in the side of the community. Humans are social creatures and contact with our peers is a powerful thing. It reminds us that we are not alone and there are others dealing with the same issues.

As a result of the pandemic, a number of LGBT centers have taken to doing support and social groups online. I suspect that this may become a continuing feature. I participate in a weekly women’s chat group based in Palm Springs and we get people from Nebraska, Michigan, Seattle, Las Vegas and up the California coast. The women that connect from other places have prior contact with the area and they want to maintain that. Some have vacationed here a lot. Some may have a 2nd home here. Others are thinking of retiring here and want to get connected with the women’s community. The women value the connection to the women’s community here and that thought process is also true in the trans community.

Anyway, in your search for other members and organizations, I suggest that you widen the search to include Atlanta as being connected with our community can be something that helps to keep us in balance.

It would also be very helpful if you completed your Profile page. It really does help others understand you and your situation better. Your page will always be readily available and can be updated at any time.

As a final comment, many here are working with, or have worked with, a therapist. The human mind works to keep us safe and lower our stress levels. It can be very difficult to think about gender issues on our own because potentially it can be the source of considerable stress and major changes in our lives. Further, we have a lot of fear when we think about gender issues because we’re walking off into the unknown. This is all uncharted territory and we don’t know what to expect. A therapist helps to keep us focused and thinking about the issues that we need to deal with. But, it is important to find someone with experience in gender issues. Not everyone has that background and experience.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?