Hi, I’m Shannon!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I’m Shannon. It feels great to type that. I’ve been so hidden so long, and am just so happy to feel confident introducing myself.

I’m a 40 year old trans woman deciding to live my life after years in the closet. I’m only out to my wife. I plan to come out to close friends very soon.

I don’t have it all figured out. I joined to meet others like me and to support each other. I looking forward to getting to know y’all!

Aundrea K
      FREE

Hi Shannon

Congratulations, I’m in a similar boat 37 doing the same thing, told my fiance but no family yet.

How is your wife taking the news?

She’s taking it well. She has some anxiety, since she is attracted to men, but ours is a long relationship and worth working on.

Honestly, I’d been hesitant to share with her. I’d share parts, and she’d be supportive. She even made me a nice floral top that I love! I have friends who lost their partners when they transitioned, so I’d been so afraid of that.

Last weekend I decided it was more important to be 100% honest and happy at home than to keep sharing only small parts of myself. I was thinking about how to come out to my close friends and thought, you have to just tell her. It feels great. I’m confident and optimistic.

She sent a screenshot. She changed my name on her phone.

Anonymous

Hi shannon, welcome hun! 😊 Glad you found us. You will definitely find plenty to talk about the other members. That is really good to hear (read) that your partner is supportive of you. I sincerely hope that everything works out for you in the best possible way *hugs*

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Shannon:

Glad that you joined us and I trust that being here will be helpful for you. As most here know, this is a journey. There are no shortcuts, free passes or cheats, but it is what we need to do in order to be at peace with ourselves.

Often I run across phrases or lyrics that resonate with me and one in particular relates to your particular situation. There is an album by Des’Ree called I Ain’t Movin’. The title track has this line:

Time’s much too short to be livin’ somebody else’s life…

VERY, VERY True!!

Thanks for being very thorough with your Profile page. Many don’t do that and I have to jog them a bit. However, it is a great way to communicate our thoughts and goals. Unlike regular posts, you can update it if something changes…

Aundrea K
      FREE

Omg Shannon you are so lucky, congratulations honeyπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸ’ž

That’s exactly how I thought it would go with mine, I’m not so fortunate though. I told mine only that I’m a crossdresser not trans and that was enough to neatly have her walk out then and there. We’ve been trying to figure things out for weeks but we can’t find common ground anywhere. She just won’t be with a woman at any level.Β  I was willing to compromise for her to and find a level of transition we could buy live with. At least she says she is fine with it and can be my friend post relationship. I hope…

Anyway fight hard for yours she sounds like a keeper

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

Shannon, that is wonderful to hear she is traveling the journey with you. I’m sure you have helped calm any fears she has had, and you will probably continue to do so. It looks like she is seeing that the you she first met, is the same you, just a newer and classier model. Michelle

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?