Hi I’m Shaylah

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello to a wonderful, supportive transgender community.  I’m 46 and have finally laid aside the fight with gender and accepted that I’m a girl.  My only regret is that it took me this long.  I’m still new in the transitioning process; living stealth and have come out only to my counselor, my wife, and a few friends.  I hope to start HRT in late summer.  I’m kind of quiet and reserved in real life but find it easier to talk online.  I’m really happy to be starting my transition journey and am hoping to make some friends along the way.  Feel free to message me!

Anonymous

Hi shaylah, I used to think I was alone in my feelings of being a girl, but it seems to be quite common. I’m Kirsty by the way, it’s nice to meet you. I’m 60 now and have finally stopped fighting myself. I am going to be the girl I was meant to be. I too have begun the process of being put on HRT, I am so looking forward to receiving my first dose. Hugs and kisses shaylah, keep us posted, and good luck.

Thank you for the encouragement, Kirsty.  I am so happy for you, and I hope you feel as beautiful and wonderful as you are.  I also hope you’ll keep me updated, too.  I’m finding transitioning to be a daunting yet worthwhile process.

Anonymous

Hi Shaylah, your most welcome, I too am new on TGH, the ladies on here are most welcoming, warm and honest, they all know what you are going through. Just open up with any of you issues you may have, and someone will help you. I will, of course, post any developments with my progress. Meantime, it’s been lovely to say hi to another new girl.❤️ Follow your heart, it’s a long road to happiness, taken one step at a time. Stay strong girlfriend.

Michelle Lawson
      MANAGING AMBASSADOR

I do so hope you enjoyed joining us in the Chatroom. I enjoy chatting there a lot. If you look in Social -> Member Directory, you can search for other people that may be near by. Or under Places -> Local Places, you can search for all sorts of things that may be near you. Hope to see you chatting again soon. Oh, and don’t forget about digging through the Articles and Forums. Loads of information there. Hugs, Michelle

DeeAnn Hopings
      AMBASSADOR

Shaylah:

Glad you found us! I hope that you will enjoy being here.

Regarding wishing that you had come to certain realizations earlier, my spin is that things happen on their own timetable, and that isn’t often known to us. I don’t think having the realization does a whole lot unless we are ready to act on it. I think that is what makes the difference. The tumblers in the lock all fell into the right places and the door is opened.

Thanks for completing a lot of your Profile page. I hope that you will finish it up when you have time. It is an important document in that it lets others know where things sit for you and your goals. Unlike regular posts, you can update the page at any time when something changes…

Thanks for your perspective, DeeAnn. I agree that there is a difference between knowing my gender and being ready to act on it.  Like it or not, I wasn’t ready to act until now.  Unlike some people, who knew at a very young age their gender didn’t match their biological sex, I’ve experienced more of a “something’s not quite right” feeling that started in my teens and didn’t fully blossom until now.  I didn’t actually hate being male, but I did realize it was getting to be exhausting and I couldn’t do it anymore.  Being more authentic has been a great confidence booster for me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?