Hi, I’m Stephanie

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi!  I’m Stephanie.  I’m a new member here.  I’ve been a member of Crossdresser Heaven for a while.  Some of you may have seen my posts or chatted with me there.  I’m not sure that I really am a transgender.  I want to learn more about what makes one transgender and decide if I am or not.

Anonymous

While I hope to make as many friends as possible, I would especially like to meet girls from my area so we could meet in person.  Please let me know if you are in southeastern Michigan.

I wish I was in Michigan where I was born and raised!!! I love Michigan with the four seasons unlike Arizona where it’s too hot for 8 or 9 months out of the year. Good Luck meeting others!!! It can be difficult!

hello Stephanie   nice to have you here on T.G.H.     i am not in your area, but what makes us cross dress is a good question?   for me its the clothing and feel of it. i look more female then male when dressed up. i feel less depressed, stress free in a way. no panic attacks. plus i started at a young age wearing tights for a school play i was hooked, from there i wanted to try on a dress then more and more. now in my 50s i have my own collection of dresses, some skirts, tons of colored nylons, bras, panties and even pads, make up, wig heels nail polish, perfume.  i wear my own now for wife did not like me wearing hers. she knows of my x dressing and lets me dress up when no other adult child still at home is out at work for 4 to 6 hours.  but wife will not help with make up or let me sit in same room as her.  she has seen me getting dressed up. i under dress a lot during the winter.  some people x dress for the reason they feel that they are in the wrong body, some have a slip personality disorder shell i call it.   there is a lot of members here and on C.D.H that came to this site and came out some are out of the closet and in public dressed up and good for them. wish i could get out of the closet i would feel more comfortable and showing my true side of me and talking to others that do go out dressed up.        woman dress in manly cloths all day long, so why can;t we dress up in female cloths. its only cloths to hide out nude body,   who is to say  what is male cloths and what is female cloths any ways. the style and color and fabric.    so what we wear dresses and skirts and blouses, nylons.   its the way we feel about our self’s.

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments, Lucinda. Just to be clear, I know that I am a cross-dresser. I’m not sure if I am transgender. Are cross-dressers automatically transgender? That is what I want to know.

Hi Hon,
          Just because you crossdress, that does not mean your transgender or you will become transgender. People have begun using the label, transgender, to include all types of sexual variations. However, according to my doctor who’s doing my surgery, a crossdresser is a crossdresser, transgender people are taking steps to change/alter their gender because they feel they were born with the wrong genitals. Transexuals are people who have completed transition. I agree with my doctor’s viewpoints and use these labels as stated. Good Luck!
          Hugs, Breanna

i will look it up and find out what the difference is between them and i will get back to you. but hope some one will read your post and tell you the difference.

hope this helps you out. i googled what is the difference between x dresser and transgender   The difference is that one (transgender) is a sexual orientation and by that I mean you realize you are in the wrong body, you wake up every day and you as a woman are frustrated to see breast protruding from your chest, very feminine features. Or wake up as a man and see a flat chest, men clothing is not as appealing, nothing is interesting.      
      <p class=”ui_qtext_para u-ltr u-text-align–start”>A cross-dresser (what I am) is someone who is in touch with either masculinity or femininity without feeling like changing anything on their body. Sure some cross-dressers go to the extremes of making minor changes to have a gender neutral face, or keep a rigid diet to have a gender neutral body. But that’s about it. In my case I am bisexual, I love women and I love men too, growing up I loved cross-dressing, then hated it, and loved it again. It’s pretty hard for a bisexual to accept femininity at least for me that was my case. Being a cross-dresser means that for me is just clothes, I would love the full makeup, with a sexy female outfit, when I go out as a man, I want to look equally flashy as a man.</p>
      <p class=”ui_qtext_para u-ltr u-text-align–start”>As mentioned in some of my past responses, there are reasons why some cross-dressers stay on the shore and don’t go swim deep and that is because cross-dressing is a very expensive life. In 2018 I spent nearly U$ 500 in feminine items including wig and makeup. So you have to buy clothes if you don’t want to use someone else’s style, then if you have other hobbies such as fishing, gaming you spend money on that too, if you are in a relationship with a female then is the perfect excuse to get subscriptions to fashion and style magazines while you read them too. Sure not all cross-dressers would like to go all female some just like the sensation of panties or other undergarment but in some cases the fear or diving deep and ending up buying for two is a reason not to dive deep into cross-dressing.</p>

Anonymous

Thanks for the information, Lucinda.

Hi Stephanie, Welcome to TGH and the difference between Crossdressers and Transgender people is really simple. A Crossdresser wears the clothing of the opposite sex for sexual gratification, or because they are expressing themselves in this manner to satisfy an emotional need, or they simply enjoy wearing the clothing.

Transgender people feel their gender does not match their body and present themselves as they feel they are. I my case, I never liked my male body parts and felt more comfortable living and presenting as a female. Early on, my crossdressing was never based on anything but comfort and how I saw myself. Transgender people have also taken steps towards some degree, if not fully, transitioning. You may have started electrolysis or HRT, or done breast augmentation. I know that transgender has become an umbrella term including CDer’s, but personally, I am more specific.
      I’m not sure by simply joining TGH you will understand whether you want to transition or not but it is a start and I’m sure you will get help here with any questions and/or concerns. And if I can help, feel free to message me anytime.

Hugs, Breanna

Anonymous

Thanks, Breanna. I understand what you’re saying. So, is it possible for someone to start cross-dressing and later become transgender? When, where and/or how does that happen? I ask that rhetorically. I don’t expect you to have the answers. If you have any ideas though, feel free to respond.

Hi Hon,
          To answer your question, yes, I believe someone can start x-dressing and eventually decide to transition. I believe the physical act of crossdressing may satisfy, for a period of time, deep rooted desires to be a person of the opposite gender. But as time goes by, the individual may no longer feel satisfied with only dressing, but must become that gender.

My journey, I put on my first dress when I was just 5 years old, and told my Mom that I was really a girl. I always knew deep down that I felt more female than I did male. In my teens, I got a job after school and purchased a small feminine wardrobe and I would dress up and walk around my neighborhood. In my twenties I lived as a female for about 2 years but still considered myself the only x-dresser in the world. (No internet). Next, I stopped crossdressing for 23 years and focused on being a man and this was probably the worst period in my life. Finally, at 55 y/o I began remembering my past, one year ago I found CDH and hit the stores. I went out in public almost immediately once I started crossdressing again and the idea of transitioning to a female returned to me. I knew all along, all those years, that I felt like a female in a very male body. I can remember the first successful SRS performed in America where the patient was able to have, a feel, sexual intercourse. I remember that I wanted that surgery but alcohol and heroin addiction got the best of me and I got way off track for many years.

So, if you are considering SRS, or even a partial transition, I strongly suggest you first see a good gender therapist, someone who specializes in CD/TG/TS people and first understand the surgery and what is involved and how the process works. There are some of the best SRS surgeons in Thailand, transgender surgery capital of the world, and I suggest you may want to set up a consultation with one to get the full medical picture.

And, be absolutely sure transition is what you want//need to be happy with yourself. Transitioning does not change who you are as a person, your personality does not change. HRT is not going to make you a woman although after you have been on it awhile, you may become more emotional. This is a huge step in your life so please be sure transition is what you want. And remember, you don’t have to change everything!!

Hugs, Breanna

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, Breanna. I certainly won’t rush into anything.

Anonymous

After considering the comments here, getting other input and some serious introspection, I can say quite definitely that I am not transgender.  I’ve never thought of myself as a woman trapped in a man’s body or had any desire to live my life full-time as a woman.  I’m a cross-dresser.  My excursions into the feminine world are just escapes from regular grind of the real world.  If anything, I may be curious about what life would be like as a woman, but I can’t see myself taking any action to actually live as one.  With that said, I don’t think I belong here.  I will keep my profile active for a few days so that I can see any more responses I get.  After that, I will delete my profile, unless someone gives me some compelling reason to stay.

Thanks for the comments and the help.  I wish you all Godspeed.

Hi Stephanie,

I’m very happy that you have come to terms and made a good decision based on your facts and feelings. And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with x-dressing for whatever personal reason you have. I wish you the best of luck in all you do.

Hugs, Breanna

Stephanie,
      It’s always good to see someone carefully and thoughtfully consider their inner self and journey wherever it leads.  Please know we respect your decision on site membership.  TGH is and will remain a safe place for those identifying as a crossdresser as there is still a kinship.  In the transgender umbrella model crossdressers are included for this reason.  It’s unfortunate that in the struggle to understand our places in the space between the sex/gender binaries that even the definitions of the words we use change over time and can end up with more than one meaning.  Such is our place as the world struggles to adapt.  Perhaps some day the point will be moot from social normalization, but I for one would still want to keep fellowship even in such a world.

Hugs,
      Cloe

Anonymous

Thanks, Cloe. Maybe I’ll stick around for a while. 🙂

Hi Stephanie I enjoy both sites I can relate to so many people in both sites .Its wonderful.. The word transgender is fairly new to me in the past year. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me when I found CDH and found out there is a whole lot of people like me that are dealing with the same issues. TGH has helped me understand what struggles are coming at me in my search to be a whole as a person. My wife said to me last night her wish for me in this new year was for me to find true happiness and she also told me I deserve it.Those words started my eyes to water I could not respond. CDH and TGH members have helped me understand and accept who I am. The joy I got from crossdressing and all that was involved with it  was heavenly and so exciting it was my favorite past time.I did what most of us did enjoyed shopping spending too much money only to go into denial ,hate myself and. purge over and over again my whole life. It just came to a point in my life where I decided it was enough I wanted to understand WHY. I was tired of hating myself. I did not like that woman that has been in my brain my whole life. I did every thing I could to rid myself of those thoughts. I decided just to go where those thoughts led me. Just let go and stop fighting what came natural for me. I should of done this whole journey long ago. It some ways it is sad. I spent a life time learning how to be a man and emulating men the best I could but never really felt like one. What makes me sad is those people that I love do not know the true me. They tell me I am a grumpy old man. I know in my heart I am a very lovely caring woman that never would want to see them hurt for any reason. Those of you who are trying to figure it out please take the time and figure it out. Start to begin your life knowing who you are and accepting that you you may have a few challenges to overcome to get where you want to go. Most people do.  Please have a very happy New Year. Luv Stephanie

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions and new members’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Transgender Heaven | Privacy | Terms of Service | Contact Vanessa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Transgender Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Login to Transgender Heaven

Forgot your details?